• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Arsenal [Tue 6pm BT Sport 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patricio
Semedo/Hoever, Boly, Kilman, Ait Nouri/Semedo
Otasawie, MGW, Neves
Traore, Jose, Neto

that’s what I’d go for - ruddys been out for too long and has a Rick in him anyway - Boly has looked good again, and Kilman played well today - and Donk and Moutinho need a break because they’ve both been really poor lately.

MGW because he can give us something centrally driving forwards that we really lack.

Last edited:
It's a bit of a perfect storm right now then, Rui out of form, João a shadow of himself, Jimenez out injured. That alone would be enough to derail us without the collateral of others being below par too.

Rui
Hoever Boly Kilman Semedo
Neves Otasowie
MGW
Pod Jose Neto

Semedo on let as I think he's better suited to handle Pepe who is a tricky customer if a little erratic. Midfield needs an extra body so whoever is in possession has more options to pass to. Pod lucky to start but Traore is a better option off the bench and more chance of keeping possession a bit more than last two games, though that isn't exactly going to be difficult.

Two home games in a week tough games but I think Nuno desperately needs a win in one of them once you start hitting 10+ league games without a win you’ll struggle to keep a job regardless of previous achievements.

Ok, so clearly it doesn't matter if we play 4 or 5 at the back. We still concede more often than not, 21% possession park the bus tactics against Chelsea aside.

So for me we may as well play a four in defence and give our attack more chance to actually score. The most amount of shots we've had this season came in the run of games when playing a back four, so clearly we CAN produce a half decent attacking performance with that formation.

There's also an argument to say the goals we conceded were mainly set-pieces or penalties. Whether that was because we were under more pressure defensively is hard to say. May as well go with four at the back than play for 0-0s every week though.

Rui

Semedo - Boly - Kilman - Saiss

Donk - Neves

Traore - Podence - Neto

Jose

Semedo left, Hoever right if Saiss still isn't fit. Also I'd much rather play Otasawie instead of Donk but Nuno isn't going to do that.
Completely agree, bar selecting Donk. Time for him to warm the bench. Otasowie or Vitinha for me. I'd also give Rui a rest.

I think a back 4 is the way to go

podence
traore silva campana coady
ruddy neto
shabani saiss mou
donk
Naughty but this place (like the other one) needs a bit of light heartedness. Actually, though, the hat threw up Shabhani. Why not?

Our best three CBs for playing the ball out from the back are Boly, Saiss and Kilman. All of them are decent passers and can confidently step out of defence and bring it forwards to pick a pass into midfield.

I don't know if Coady's time is coming to an end, but if it were then those three would be the CBs you'd play in a back five. Or two of them in a back four.

Rui
Semedo--Boly--Kilman--Saiss
Neves--Vitinha--Otasowie
Traore--Willian J--Neto
If Saiss is unavailable then Hoever at RB and move Semedo over to LB.

Boly and Kilman our best 2 centre backs currently so sorry Coady. Dendoncker horribly out of form so needs to be benched. With a target in the middle let Traore get down the line and put some.crosses in, Podence doesnt look like creating anything currently.

. With a target in the middle let Traore get down the line and put some.crosses in, Podence doesnt look like creating anything currently.
Do you mean Pod the only man that put a cross in that found Willian yesterday ?

All of the wide players were pretty ineffective yesterday. The issue is we rely on one of them to work a moment of individual magic otherwise nothing happens at all for us in an attacking sense.

All of the wide players were pretty ineffective yesterday. The issue is we rely on one of them to work a moment of individual magic otherwise nothing happens at all for us in an attacking sense.
exactly, teamwork rather than try to rely on individual skills..not gonna work in the long run

he has contributed to most of Rauls goals this season so he must have something about him

im sure that in a more attacking team he will shine more(like Diogo Jota)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back