• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Ipswich build up.

It's a reasonably minor thing but I like a manager with charisma (without verging into court jester territory like my favourite Welshman), Mick had it in bundles and the players obviously believed 100% in him for most of his time here. I've been very impressed with all of Walter's interviews so far.

It's a reasonably minor thing but I like a manager with charisma (without verging into court jester territory like my favourite Welshman), Mick had it in bundles and the players obviously believed 100% in him for most of his time here. I've been very impressed with all of Walter's interviews so far.

I was never particularly fussed about KJ having his 'buzzwords' like 'power', or him saying stuff that blatantly wasn't true. As a result I was never worked up by any of his interviews. These pre match things are often fairly pointless.

But I agree - it is nice to just enjoy a few charismatic soundbites. One of many welcome changes across several levels of the club.

I can imagine it frustrated some of the players though when Ken would say one thing and do another. Or he'd say that a performance was unacceptable then we'd do the exact same thing the following week. The 'power' stuff was just a sign of him losing the plot, I think he first mentioned it after Leeds at home and I hadn't got a bloody clue what he was on about. We didn't lose that game because we lacked power. We lost it because we defended like an U8s team for 40 minutes.

Of course Saunders' interviews were another thing entirely, I don't have any time for rank idiocy, especially not when it's in my club's name.

I can imagine it frustrated some of the players though when Ken would say one thing and do another. Or he'd say that a performance was unacceptable then we'd do the exact same thing the following week. The 'power' stuff was just a sign of him losing the plot, I think he first mentioned it after Leeds at home and I hadn't got a bloody clue what he was on about. We didn't lose that game because we lacked power. We lost it because we defended like an U8s team for 40 minutes.

Of course Saunders' interviews were another thing entirely, I don't have any time for rank idiocy, especially not when it's in my club's name.

Time to give MM a long overdue hiding.

Really can't wait to watch the game tonight.

It's really good to have that excitement back for a game, there was always a slight tinge of dread every time I went last year.

My build up is well on the way...Passed Doncaster on the train (first class of course) and feeling pretty excited to make my first home game of the season

I will there not sure what time. Will park up near the Western as usual so will no doubt have to nip in there for a beer and then I'll head up to meet Darlo

Drop me a text Stan...I'll be in Wolves by 4-30

Great stuff, DW. Really enjoying reading these.

Pretty telling that the last couple of reviews of last season's games have been about 0-0 draws :icon_rolleyes:

Four 0-0s in a bleeding row I've got to write about. Thankfully three of them are done now. It seemed a good idea to include that section at the time!

I am off up town with a smile on my face woohoo we are Wolves, he may rest Tex after he was so obviously knackerred after 65mins, but if I were him I'd start him and take him off when he has hit the wall. International break is soon enough so the best way to get fit is play I reckon.

As a life-long Wolves fan who, for a number of reasons we will not get into here, am not able to get to many matches these days, I have to say these post and pre match blogs of Deutsch Wolf are something I really enjoy reading. I follow the forum threads avidly as my only other source of all things Wolves is the Express & Star, which my wife reads from front to back (well, nearly back - once she gets to Sport she switches off), and I tend to agree with most of the comments made on here re this newspaper. So I would just like to say many thanks to everyone on here for feeding my incessant desire for all things Wolves-related and with such (for the most part!) good humour and banter.

I can't remember in recent years feeling this excited at the start of a new season and am desperately hoping for the new manager and team to succeed and get us back in the premier division where we belong.

Following this on Tenterden from sunny Italian. Hoping for an

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

As a life-long Wolves fan who, for a number of reasons we will not get into here, am not able to get to many matches these days, I have to say these post and pre match blogs of Deutsch Wolf are something I really enjoy reading. I follow the forum threads avidly as my only other source of all things Wolves is the Express & Star, which my wife reads from front to back (well, nearly back - once she gets to Sport she switches off), and I tend to agree with most of the comments made on here re this newspaper. So I would just like to say many thanks to everyone on here for feeding my incessant desire for all things Wolves-related and with such (for the most part!) good humour and banter.

I can't remember in recent years feeling this excited at the start of a new season and am desperately hoping for the new manager and team to succeed and get us back in the premier division where we belong.
Thanks for your compliment, it means a lot.

Amen to that.

Living in Spain makes it difficult for me too so this place is a godsend.

Back