• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Ipswich build up.

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
Games coming thick and fast now, and next up are Mick's Ipswich. Same starting eleven?

And as a bonus, I will be attending this game. Will anyone be partaking of refreshment before the game?

I hope we perform as well as yesterday for ya Frank

Games coming thick and fast now, and next up are Mick's Ipswich. Same starting eleven?

And as a bonus, I will be attending this game. Will anyone be partaking of refreshment before the game?

Will be in the Moon about 5 and meeting DW, Frank

I will there not sure what time. Will park up near the Western as usual so will no doubt have to nip in there for a beer and then I'll head up to meet Darlo

13925125_539196372936964_4875455063392744833_n.jpg

I'm going to love seeing these throughout the season.

I will be there about six, hopefully a bit earlier. Will head for the Moon I think. What's the atmosphere like...

I'm attending \0/

Probably get to town for 6 but it will be Pop for my drinks

I can confirm we won't be hanging around in the Moon...

Diabolical service in there yesterday and it wasn't even busy at the time. Plus it depresses me with the lack of lighting.

I can confirm we won't be hanging around in the Moon...

Diabolical service in there yesterday and it wasn't even busy at the time. Plus it depresses me with the lack of lighting.

Dark, dank rooms with cheap beer. That's what Weatherspoons are famous for!

I could maybe see Costa coming in this game. Other than that it's hard to see past the same XI unless Walt is using these opening games to have a good look at all of his options given he didn't get a pre season.

We all know what to expect from Mick. It can't be any worse than the last three Ipswich visits.

13925125_539196372936964_4875455063392744833_n.jpg

I'm going to love seeing these throughout the season.
Missed out on yesterday's although read that they are doing a reprint. Hopefully they'll have some in the clubshop by Tuesday night.

After Readings' attempts to break the world record for back passes we go to the other end of the spectrum with a Mick team set up to get the ball quickly and win 2nd balls.
I'm expecting Zenga to change tactics and perhaps personnel a little for this one as the high press is perhaps not right for this. Plus of course how fit for another game so soon are the new guys?
This will be a tough game and I don't know why but I fear an odd goal defeat. That's good news with my predictions.

The high press should work wonders against a Mick team, put guys like Berra, Skuse, Douglas and Knudsen under pressure and they will make mistakes.

The high press should work wonders against a Mick team, put guys like Berra, Skuse, Douglas and Knudsen under pressure and they will make mistakes.

Oh I'm sure they won't like being pressured, I just think they will be getting the ball forward to quickly for it to be effective.

Mick's teams are all about width too, if you press and pass through the middle they usually struggle.

One thing we can expect from Zenga is that the preparation for each opponent will be meticulous and he seems capable of choosing tactics to suit who we are playing. Will be interesting to see the contrast in styles between Walt and Mick, new v old and we're due to get one over Mick and TC I think

Well overdue a home win vs Ipswich. Haven't done it since Mick's very first home game in charge a decade ago.

Matt Murray was a God in that game.

Looking forward to this one but Mick as ever will set them up to compete not like Readings abysmal attempt.
Will be interesting to see us face a more physical challenge. If we can play a bit of football on the floor around
these lot it would indicate progress. If it gets away from us though the reaction of our KJ squad players will be
an indication of the new coaching for sure. Prediction 2-0 to us

Back