• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Leeds United

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
A friend of mine is a home and away STH at Leeds united, and he told me that Leeds have only been given 2100 tickets for their game at Molineux. Is this correct, as I am certain they will sell out if given the full allocation?

Bottom of the Steve Bull used to hold just under 3k. Then the police closed the back 2 or 3 rows and we removed the corner section near the North Bank so 2100 sounds about right.

Leeds always sell out. We could offer them 5k and they would (Pie and a Pint Southbankers?)

Bottom of the Steve Bull used to hold just under 3k. Then the police closed the back 2 or 3 rows and we removed the corner section near the North Bank so 2100 sounds about right.

Leeds always sell out. We could offer them 5k and they would (Pie and a Pint Southbankers?)

Thank you Kenny. So with the restrictions even if visiting clubs sell out their allocation, the stand will only be about two thirds full? It seems that the club are losing a lot of revenue.

Back rows are closed for 2 reasons - "accidental" Bovril spillage from above and away fans trying to climb up towards the exec boxes. Nothing the club can do about that. It's that or no safety certificate. The corner was removed as part of the North Bank rebuild.

I would make the North Bank corner for away fans and use the lower tier for discounted tickets.

and away fans trying to climb up towards the exec boxes.
Wonder what they think they are going to do when they get there other than lick the windows?

Approx leeds allocation is 2400 £30 a ticket!

Leeds charged £35 last season I think.

If its a club like Leeds who are likely to be capable of bringing a bigger level of support can't see why we don't also allocate them the lower NB quadrant as well (the upper bit is pointless as half of it has no view)

Think that it has separate entrances so can be segregated off from the rest of the NB (certainly remember that area being given to Bristol City in the Lg 1 season) & a more vocal away group often wakes up our support & makes for a better atmosphere which often helps us (there will still be more of us then them in the stadium)

Leeds sold out straight away as they do at most away matches.
Yeah those back seats,some Vale fans made a good fist of trying to climb
up to the top tier in L1.
Agree with Kenny,lower SB = discounted tix and
Quadrant = away fans and it isnt a lot of seats affected by the sb stand roof.
The view on the curve on the top tier us great imo.
The police could easily funnel away fans out from the quadrant or (heaven forbid) use common
sense and keep them in for 15mins for teams like Leeds,Villa etc

Massive game for Zenga. We can debate the rights and wrongs of only giving a manager a third of the season but if we fail to win then I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were his final match.

Got to get back to playing people in their proper positions, we don't need to be picking right footed left backs and central midfielders on the wing.

--------------------------------Ikeme-----------------------------

Silvio---------------Batth--------------Hause---------Borthwick-Jackson

--------------------------------Saiss--------------------------------

--------------------Coady----------Edwards---------------------------

-------------Costa------------Bodvarsson-------Cavaleiro---------------

Subs: Lonergan, Doherty, Iorfa, Evans/Price, Oniangue, Teixeira, Dicko

2015/16: L 2-3 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2014/15: W 4-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: D 2-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2006/7: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2004/5: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2003/4: W 3-1 (H), L 1-4 (A)
1997/8: W 1-0 (A, FAC)

Ikeme

Silvio Batth Hause CBJ

Price Saiss

Costa Tex Cav

Bod​

or maybe 4-4-2

Ikeme

Silvio Batth Hause CBJ

Costa Coady Saiss Tex/ Cav

Bod Dicko​

I'd play DW's team, with Prince instead of Edwards or Coady, not really bothered which but pushed on and Doherty at left back. Other than not supporting the left side of midfield enough which is something both full backs are told not to do, he hasn't done a lot wrong at left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back