• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Newcastle - Pre Season Game MATCH THREAD

Oof! Brucie's got his work cut out, by the looks of it.

Superb work from Adama there.

From what I have seen, we look about 5 levels above Newcastle (both teams have key players missing, admittedly) - but we are so organised & fit compared to them. If I were a Newcastle fan, I would be very worried about what the season has in store.

Traore has played really well - just needs to work on that final ball.

Jota & MGW have been brilliant. Neves a little sloppy (like I say, I've not caught it all) in possession but that's to be expected this early in pre-season.

3-0 HT, though. Happy days!

very nice half, I hope subs don't disrupt the game too much.
I have missed this so much more than a grown man should.

That run by Traore and the cross over to Jonny was a great bit of play.

Hell's teeth if you are a Toon fan you must be worried. Yes, we're fitter than them but their body language looks resigned to relegation already.
God, I love Diogo

We look much further into pre-season than Newcastle. Some lovely stuff though and for mid-July, that's very encouraging indeed.

I hope it reminds people just how good a team we have, even though we're currently thin on numbers.

Great half, absolutely lethal finishing, jota and jonny have been nothing short of magnificent. Newcastle look absolutely demolished, is there an actual quote by ashley that bruce was 10th choice?

From what I have seen, we look about 5 levels above Newcastle (both teams have key players missing, admittedly) - but we are so organised & fit compared to them. If I were a Newcastle fan, I would be very worried about what the season has in store.

add Steve Bruce to the equation and I'm sure the 12000 season ticket holders who have not renewed there will be glad they haven't.

Hinchcliffe/Ameobi giving it the predictable "Wolves are sharper because they have the Europa League in 8 days time"

Great half, absolutely lethal finishing, jota and jonny have been nothing short of magnificent. Newcastle look absolutely demolished, is there an actual quote by ashley that bruce was 10th choice?
It was 11th

Hinchcliffe/Ameobi giving it the predictable "Wolves are sharper because they have the Europa League in 8 days time"

He was right to say that Newcastle seem to be treating it as a training session but we're treating it seriously.

Yeah and of course Newcastle not trying its just a training session. If they were one up from a deflection it wouldn't be a training session.

Townsend showing off his excellent knowledge: (Neves) is a player that loves to get forward, make runs beyond the strikers.

Here come the subs...

Sanderson, Vinagre, Ennis, Perry on.

Traore, Jonny, Jota & MGW off.

Aarons megs Neves and runs up the line and straight into Bennett who isn't standing for that shit.

Subs on now. Big Dion Sanderson on at RWB which should be interesting.

I thought Ennis was off out on loan?

Back