• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves V West Ham 20.11.21 - build up & matchday

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn’t responding yet. Probably baby stuff in the way. I will call him tomorrow

He won't need to cheat owt, they're miles better than us. 0-2.

2020/21: L 2-3 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2019/20: W 2-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2018/19: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2015/16: L 0-1 (A, FAC)
2010/11: D 1-1 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2009/10: L 0-2 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2004/5: W 4-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2003/4: L 1-3 (H, FAC)

Post international break, Mike Dean, we're not as good as west ham. Can only see this going one way unfortunately

Post international break, Mike Dean, we're not as good as west ham. Can only see this going one way unfortunately
And it’s November! 🤣🤣

I reckon we get something from this. We need to pick the right team and not concede midfield.

Its about time Dean sent one of theirs off and gave us a penalty too!

Think we’ll be comfortably beaten here. They’re a lot better than we are and Antonio is exactly the kind of player Coads struggles against.

I doubt we’ll see any changes to the starting 11 from our last couple of games. The biggest question mark probably being Trincao, who could make way for Adama or Podence, but realistically, I don’t think he’ll change it.

It certainly does feel like Dean has screwed us many times now:

* Pogba on Neves free kick
* Penalty against Boly v Albion that was outside the box
* The non handball by Gibbs on the line
* 2 penalties against Cardiff (probably both fair, but it's so rare a ref gives two penalties to a team in injury time)
* Giving a free kick against Podence immediately before giving a penalty to Villa in the last minute. When it was clearly actually Podence that was fouled.

Anymore for anymore? (on reflection i'm not sure it was Dean that was ref for the 3-2 Albion defeat?)

I can understand why people think we're gunna get thumped, bearing in mind recent performances by both teams (it's in my thoughts too), but if you look at it objectively, man for man there's not much difference apart from Rice.
Antonio and Bowen are decent players who make the most of what they've got but they're not world beaters. I think our defence is as good as theirs, their midfield just about shades it due to the form of Rice, up front I'd say we are a bit better.
As ever I'll go to Molineux full of hope and a bit of nervousness but let's not beat ourselves before the kick off.
As a team they do look more cohesive than us though.

Gave us 2 pens against Spurs in the first PL season.
I don't blame him for Pogba one, I didn't see the foul at first. It's VAR that should have given it

It certainly does feel like Dean has screwed us many times now:

* Pogba on Neves free kick
* Penalty against Boly v Albion that was outside the box
* The non handball by Gibbs on the line
* 2 penalties against Cardiff (probably both fair, but it's so rare a ref gives two penalties to a team in injury time)
* Giving a free kick against Podence immediately before giving a penalty to Villa in the last minute. When it was clearly actually Podence that was fouled.

Anymore for anymore? (on reflection i'm not sure it was Dean that was ref for the 3-2 Albion defeat?)
Doherty v Burnley last minute? Deans a knob. Narcissist to the nth degree.

I can understand why people think we're gunna get thumped, bearing in mind recent performances by both teams (it's in my thoughts too), but if you look at it objectively, man for man there's not much difference apart from Rice.
Antonio and Bowen are decent players who make the most of what they've got but they're not world beaters. I think our defence is as good as theirs, their midfield just about shades it due to the form of Rice, up front I'd say we are a bit better.
As ever I'll go to Molineux full of hope and a bit of nervousness but let's not beat ourselves before the kick off.
As a team they do look more cohesive than us though.

Agree. Very tough game, and unfortunately a loss is a strong possibility, but we're not relegation fodder; we're capable of good performances and good results ourselves. A team being much better than you doesn't make the result a foregone conclusion.

West Ham won't finish in the top three precisely because they'll drop points in games like this

West Ham won't finish in the top three precisely because they'll drop points in games like this
Thats my thinking too. West ham like to counter so do we. Its why we should set up 3-5-2. Unbeaten on the road this season so it would be a great three points or a good point.

Last edited:
If the players are as pessimistic as some on here when they take the field, they might as well not bother turning up. Where's Frank when you need him? :ROFLMAO:

Everyone here should keep saying that we'll lose and lose badly . Always a sign that'll we'll do far better .

When you go through the west ham team it's difficult to see who from our team would get in theirs

When you go through the west ham team it's difficult to see who from our team would get in theirs

They're no mugs, took apart Nuno's team last season also, particularly away (and that was with Raul and Neto too)

Difficult to compare as they set up 4231 and we don't have the players to do that. Antonio for instance couldn't come deep, hold up the ball and link how Raul does for us, but is perfect for them as a quick battering ram type.

I'd hope Kilman is a better centre half than Dawson, but having not seen him in a 4 at CH it's difficult to say with certainty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back