• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves V West Ham 20.11.21 - build up & matchday

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you jump with your back turned, eyes closed and arms windmilling you're always going to risk giving away a penalty.

To steal a phrase from Deutsch you wouldn't have it off your mate down the park.

Defeat written all over it I think, the first three games were ok performances but they weren't outliers for the three opponents, Leicester have started very slowly and we all know the goings on at Spurs and Man Utd under Nuno and OGS.

Its entirely plausible that West Ham have that outlier performance and we get something after the Lord Mayors show and all that but if they maintain their performances we will come unstuck.

If you jump with your back turned, eyes closed and arms windmilling you're always going to risk giving away a penalty.

To steal a phrase from Deutsch you wouldn't have it off your mate down the park.
If thats a penalty so is Pogba's. Its the consistency of the ref thats my issue.

There were mitigating circumstances, but you aren't going to get away with handling the ball there. Your best case is a foul for dangerous play. I was livid at the time thoughdoch.jpg

Of course, like any game of football, we have a chance. Every game starts 0-0.

But it seems like a few on here are ignorant to how decent West Ham are?

They’ve beaten Liverpool. They thrashed Villa without getting out of 2nd gear. They’ve knocked Man City and Man Utd out of the cup. They’ve beaten Spurs & Leicester… they are just a better side than us, with players comfortable in the system, all playing well.

That’s why most people are going in to this expecting to lose. Obviously we all hope we smash them 5-0!

It's a penalty all day.

Showbiz Mike Dean isn't actually that bad compared to the rest of our refs. He has a moment in him, but meh. I mean Graham Scott at Palace, he was genuinely shocking.

Roger East at Bournemouth a couple of years ago may have been the worst I have ever seen at any level of football. And I've seen Steve Martin, more than once.

Defender in "being asked to defend" scandal.
Doherty should've done better but he shouldn't have been required to do anything at all in that situation. Boly and to a lesser extent Coady both played their roles in that failure but attract much less criticism because their fuck up isn't as obvious.

No need for some to go on Saturday they know were going to lose, hey go down the Mander Centre with the missus instead.

It's a penalty all day.

Showbiz Mike Dean isn't actually that bad compared to the rest of our refs. He has a moment in him, but meh. I mean Graham Scott at Palace, he was genuinely shocking.

Roger East at Bournemouth a couple of years ago may have been the worst I have ever seen at any level of football. And I've seen Steve Martin, more than once.
Uriah Rennie?

He wasn't as bad as people like to remember.

East got literally everything wrong that day.

Anyway. Huge game for me this as my brother is an avid Hammer and I could without several months of pisstake heading my way!

I thought I would check out some West Ham views on Knees Up Mother Brown and they appear to have found us here. Tony - you are getting a reaction on there with your comments about Antonio. Fame at last!

While there are plenty saying they are a good side and should win, others are pointing out that we are decent and a point would be a good return.

I will travel into town on Saturday more in hope than expectation of a win, to be truthful. We would have to play really well.

Of course, like any game of football, we have a chance. Every game starts 0-0.

But it seems like a few on here are ignorant to how decent West Ham are?

They’ve beaten Liverpool. They thrashed Villa without getting out of 2nd gear. They’ve knocked Man City and Man Utd out of the cup. They’ve beaten Spurs & Leicester… they are just a better side than us, with players comfortable in the system, all playing well.

That’s why most people are going in to this expecting to lose. Obviously we all hope we smash them 5-0!
Eh? I don't think anyone is ignorant to how decent West Ham are on here, pretty much everyone has said they're expecting a comfortable win for them.

And as kumb have found us and travelling fans are asking about whether it’s still shit for away fans to get in a pub in Wolverhampton I might as well confirm for any lurkers that it is. It’s basically the Blue Brick by the station. You might have a chance in the Great Western if arriving early enough and without colours but it’s under new management and they may have reverted to blanket ban and management on the door whereas the previous regime would let well behaved away in bar the usual suspects such as Albion or Stoke.

Haven’t been worried about any opposition so far tbh but worried they’ll turn us over comfortably.

They are solid defensively, dangerous on set pieces, strong in the middle (Rice is playing at an unbelievable level, gets round the pitch, can carry the ball well, pass forward and win it back), and I feel they will kill us on the counter.

We’d probably actually be better sitting off (if we actually try offering some kind of threat on the counter) than trying to press them but we will see what Bruno does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back