• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves V West Ham 20.11.21 - build up & matchday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree with the sentiment, but he raises a fair point over the stats. 16 fewer shots than any other team in the league over the last 7 games is a worrying statistic, however it's dressed up.

He's also correct in saying we were easily swept to one side as soon as we played a half decent team (in Palace) & West Ham are a much better side than them.

Obviously we all live in hope, though!

I think that it misses the point that Villa and Everton were being lauded earlier in the season and we beat both of them. Neither are world beaters but they aren't exactly no hopers either. Villa were in the game against West Ham up until and indeed after the sending off of Konsa and they only narrowly beat Everton. Bar the Brentford debacle we have been good at home this season.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but he raises a fair point over the stats. 16 fewer shots than any other team in the league over the last 7 games is a worrying statistic, however it's dressed up.

He's also correct in saying we were easily swept to one side as soon as we played a half decent team (in Palace) & West Ham are a much better side than them.

Obviously we all live in hope, though!
See I've always been dubious of any statistic that is over an odd period, as in over the last seven games, what happens if you include another game etc, does the claim lose its validity ?

The West Ham of two/ three seasons ago was a shambles but Moyes with a few astute signing has made them into one of the most effective teams in the league, so fair play to him and them. Whilst they have progressed we have stagnated.
However, while we haven’t played well for 80% of our games we still have found a way to win, so that’s a positive.
Most would not give us a chance in this game, but if we turn in an Everton first half performance we have a chance, in fact it would be a great spectacle for the neutral. Play like we did against Brentford and it’s will be a long day!
Sorry if I’m being an optimist pessimist but let’s just enjoy the day with the pack🐺 win lose or draw and remember We’re up against a very good team

Happy with that. Interested to see the formation

Not sure about Pod in place of Trincao, but otherwise no complaints. Massive test for RAN going up against Bowen.

Happy with that. Interested to see the formation
FWIW, ESPN has it as:

Sa
Semedo - Kilman - Coady - Saiss - RAN
Moutinho - Neves
Hwang - Jiminez - Podence​

I'd be willing to give that a chance but I'm just not sold on Podence playing centrally, to be frank.

Imagine it'll largely be the same idea as when we play Trincao so I'd expect to see the front three interchanging (or trying to) quite a bit.

Guess Adama is off in january then..read in the match program that Lage wanted consistency, Pod isnt actually that(not Adama either but more so i would like to believe)

Would have liked to have seen Traore running at Cresswell to be honest, last time Podence started he was woeful (Southampton), hopefully we see an improvement, as he hasn't been too bad off the bench this season.

Would have liked to have seen Traore running at Cresswell to be honest, last time Podence started he was woeful (Southampton), hopefully we see an improvement, as he hasn't been too bad off the bench this season.
Im also hoping Lage can make some changes earlier if things arent going our way this time...

We’re still toothless going forward, then.

West Ham play some lovely stuff.

Ok, we’re 12 minutes in and it’s already obvious that their midfield is overrunning ours and the front three are playing miles away from each other so we’re going to offer no threat going forwards.

It’s panning out exactly as I expected at the moment. And our defence is too deep too.

I still don’t know why we bother asking Semedo/RAN to get forward as there’s never anyone in the box when they get in advanced positions anyway.

Not a great start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back