• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wordle

I only play it occasionally, if like this someone brings it up.
Playing Zelda loads atm.

Got it in five, and am pretty familiar with the word (could definitely be used in relation to my life most of the time). Not sure whether knowing it was an unusual word did me any extra favours in getting it though.

I still play every week day as it breaks a little work monotony, I do frequently forget of a weekend though.

I subscribe to The New York Times for around a fiver a month and as well as Wordle you get Spelling Bee, a quick Crossword, a longish crossword, a brilliant word square game, (quite difficult) a Tile game which is frequently confounding, a Soduku, Which I've never got my head around and a sophisticated 'Join The Dots' kind of thing. Changes colour when you get a segment right.
Got this mornings Wordle on the 3rd go.
(I have a method which is quite at odds with the Bot....)

Do people still play this nonsense. Take a leaf out of Langers book and play Zelda..
Passes the time while I do my morning poo.

I used to enjoy doing Heardle as well, but it's been closed down.

Passes the time while I do my morning poo.

I used to enjoy doing Heardle as well, but it's been closed down.

These all still work and are better than the original game was, which used to throw out crap I'd got no chance of getting.

These all still work and are better than the original game was, which used to throw out crap I'd got no chance of getting.
Pft, no Heardle 70s? Load of shit.

That’s more like it…

Wordle 717 2/6

🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got in 4

Do you stick the same word in 1st each game and go from there?

Quirk is going to wake up and be in a rage at this still being played. Did his advice not stick yesterday morning?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: b3h
Got in 4

Do you stick the same word in 1st each game and go from there?
Yeah, same word every day. I'm sticking with it until it is the word of the day and I can retire from the game before being on the end of Quirk's wrath!

I always try and use a different start word. I guess I'm making it harder for myself but hey ho it keeps it interesting for me.

Reactions: b3h
No.
I use about 4 or 5 different words kind of vowel heavy.
Then I use any word that use the remaining vowels.
Then go from there.
Almost got today's in 3 but then it took me 2 further goes when there were only 3 possible words.... gggrrrr!

I never get a decent streak going as I always forget to play at some point usually on Saturdays.

I had 36 but with it being American I finished it at 0020 thinking I was 6 hours ahead (it changes around Midnight) but oddly it changed at Midnight Irish time and I lost my run. I've had a few around 19 and mid 20s.

No.
I use about 4 or 5 different words kind of vowel heavy.
Then I use any word that use the remaining vowels.
Then go from there.
Almost got today's in 3 but then it took me 2 further goes when there were only 3 possible words.... gggrrrr!
I'm similar, got a few different words to start with but always start by trying to get the vowels settled as soon as possible.

I used SUITE yesterday, which was rather helpful with that word.

Back