• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wordle

I have a little plan...
These for a starter,,,,
Adieu
Irate
Media
Raise
Louse
Mouse
Audio
Then short or shout on the 2nd line.
Apart from the final vowels it uses S, T, R, which are the most commonly use consonants.
3rd line.... start thinking....

I have a little plan...
These for a starter,,,,
Adieu
Irate
Media
Raise
Louse
Mouse
Audio
Then short or shout on the 2nd line.
Apart from the final vowels it uses S, T, R, which are the most commonly use consonants.
3rd line.... start thinking....
I reckon you’re using up your vowels too quickly there - 21 consonants, 5 vowels - would start of with maximum of 2 vowels in any word.

I try a different word each day, usually one that I’ve heard on the radio as I start. Today it was knife.
Unless it’s obvious I’ll always ignore any correct ones and get 15 different letters out with 3 words.

I reckon you’re using up your vowels too quickly there - 21 consonants, 5 vowels - would start of with maximum of 2 vowels in any word.
No, not at all, I know exactly which vowel (s) are being used and also even if I only get one misplaced letter there are now 5 or 6 consonants ruled out.
This morning on my 2nd move I put SHORT. so now going into my 3rd move I knew it started with S, 3rd letter was O and 5th was T.
A great platform to have.
Unfortunately I chose STOUT, then SPOUT before I landed on SCOUT! I nearly put SNOUT, and that would have really pissed me off!

No, not at all, I know exactly which vowel (s) are being used and also even if I only get one misplaced letter there are now 5 or 6 consonants ruled out.
This morning on my 2nd move I put SHORT. so now going into my 3rd move I knew it started with S, 3rd letter was O and 5th was T.
A great platform to have.
Unfortunately I chose STOUT, then SPOUT before I landed on SCOUT! I nearly put SNOUT, and that would have really pissed me off!
Spoilers!!

I'm just being an ass. 🙂

Up to 100 on my current/best streak

Just about scraped it on the last go today

My longest streak is 70, currently on 8🤪
Most of my fails have been when I only need one letter but there are multiple options of words.

Pretty good! You've been at it a lot longer than me.
Don't you find it odd that it runs from 0001 to midnight?
It being American, probably East Coast, you'd think it would be midnight US (E) time, around 6 am our time.
I've had my short run broken twice by not completing it by 24 hrs GMT.

Timezones aren't quite the programming boogeyman they used to be.

Still a massive pain in the ass, mind. "Serverless" helps. Probably using AWS on the backend.

Pretty good! You've been at it a lot longer than me.
Don't you find it odd that it runs from 0001 to midnight?
It being American, probably East Coast, you'd think it would be midnight US (E) time, around 6 am our time.
I've had my short run broken twice by not completing it by 24 hrs GMT.
I try to do mine about midnight. Managed tonight's in 3 and it was still 0:00 when done!

I see there is another game in the set and you put in your location and it adjusts the clock so at midnight it ticks over.
I try to find a slot around breakfast to do it. 10 or 15 mins usually does it, otherwise I leave it till later that evening, but that way, danger lies...

I've done only 79 and have a 97% rating. 23 is my longest streak, but we've done this.

I wasted 4th and 5th go this morning on the 4th letter!
Then when I got it.... Who the fuck ever uses that word??

Tricksy one today...
Wordle 729 4/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Back