• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Your top five kits

86af010b748235b4dcfbd938ab7c8351.jpg

I love the simplicity of this shirt
Provan_Test_Front.jpg

I grew up with this shirt on all of my cousins and still think it looks good now
42947b24e1f853eb2ae4b9c3675a7162.jpg

Two for one here. Both absolute classics
5i8l5hj.jpg

Always liked the Barca kits

When is the Arsenal one from?

Nope - my theory is wrong. Checking the FA website, it is the world cup game. For some reason England wore a variation on the standard red kit for the game which has the stripe in the middle of the white a la Butcher. Mariner obviously didn't get the telegram.

So the classic kit is really on from the France game I guess.
Admiral had to make a series of kits especially for the later matches out of a different type of material quickly as the players lost so much weight wearing polyester in the France game. These were hand made in Leicester and shipped over. They were done in such a rush that badges were wonky or off centre so it's possible that the missing stripe is down to being knocked out in a rush. There was a good documentary about the history of Admiral on tele a couple of weeks ago. Well worth a watch if you can find it, it was on ITV.

I remember Mariner saying that he lost a ridiculous number of kilos in the France game. It was a phenomenally hot world cup. Bodes well for fucking Qatar.

I generally love the Italian national kit. They've always seemed to do it best.

I remember Mariner saying that he lost a ridiculous number of kilos in the France game. It was a phenomenally hot world cup. Bodes well for $#@!ing Qatar.

Haven't you heard? The most damning evidence yet against Qatar came out this week. Though whether anything is done about it is another matter...

Germany always have some decent kits. So do the Dutch. Italy's are uniformly magnificent. Even the French kits are good. Denmark and Sweden have some stunners in their histories. Spain kits are always class. Must be something about crossing the sea to these sceptered isles means that only one kit in about twenty years is decent.

I liked the shirt when Jarvis made his one and only England appearance.

Matt-Jarvis-England-Biography-01-e1473437214106.jpg

However for some reason we decided to pair it with luminous blue shorts, which ruined the look.

This is my first one, probably down to nostalgia more than anything else.

014685626161169454b1986.jpg

Roma have had some absolutely beautiful shirts.

AS-Roma-1978-79-Short-Sleeve-Retro-Football-Shirt-whi-3385.jpg

AS-Roma-1978-79-Short-Sleeve-Retro-Football-Shirt-red-2697.jpg

Cameroon and Mexico have also put out some stunners.

cameroon-1226.jpg

1508397927-mexico-pele-1980s-short-sleeve-retro-football-shirt-314x0.jpg

That first Roma shirt in your post is absolutely brilliant Jinks. Love it.

Italian shirts are the best. I've still got my 98 Juve Kappa shirt with Del Piero on the back. My boyhood treasure.

Brilliant choices, Jinks.

I must be the only one who doesn't like it then. Very basic and Fruit Salad colours. Bleugh.

My second one. Near perfection this is.

ASRoma142739_0F092.gif

My fav colour is bright lime green so I do really like the Sporting CP one Alan posted. Guess it could only ever be a secondary colour though. *awaits worst kit thread*

Back