• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

100 mile ride in support of Ikeme

This appeals to me so much, although I'd probably head through the warmer countries (once had a similar idea of London to Burma for charities that interest me - 7000 miles I think). However should have done it when I was younger and had less commitments...

I'm aiming Poland,Czech Republic,Austria,Slovenia,Croatia,Montenegro,Albania,Macedonia,Bulgaria,Turkey,Georgia,Armenia,Iran,Turkmenistan,Uzbekistan,Tajikistan,Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan not really any other way to go with Syria Iraq southern Turkey off limits.
Iran isn't issuing visas to Brits,Americans or Canadians at the minute,so I'd have to fly from Armenia to Uzbekistan,or turn round and come back,can't go south into Iran,East is Azerbaijan,which doesn't let you in if you've an Armenian stamp in your passport,due to the war they had,North is Russia,which needs a visa you have to apply for in your native country,still something will sort itself out,no good worrying about it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-41393230
:icon_lol:
"Birmingham was the coolest place I've been to in the UK yet," he said. "It was really fabulous.
"The people are great, the town's awesome, the guys that did the ride were really tremendous. It was a brilliant event.
"I am hoping to come back next year. I've been promised free entry so I'm tempted to take [the organisers] up on it."
Love the guys attitude!

keef, make sure you pop the facebook link up when you do. It was fun following you last time.

I'm aiming Poland,Czech Republic,Austria,Slovenia,Croatia,Montenegro,Albania,Macedonia,Bulgaria,Turkey,Georgia,Armenia,Iran,Turkmenistan,Uzbekistan,Tajikistan,Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan not really any other way to go with Syria Iraq southern Turkey off limits.
Iran isn't issuing visas to Brits,Americans or Canadians at the minute,so I'd have to fly from Armenia to Uzbekistan,or turn round and come back,can't go south into Iran,East is Azerbaijan,which doesn't let you in if you've an Armenian stamp in your passport,due to the war they had,North is Russia,which needs a visa you have to apply for in your native country,still something will sort itself out,no good worrying about it

Blimey, you don't do things by half do you!! Hope to follow your journey on Facebook when it happens. It was interesting the last time you went on a ' journey '. Good luck to you :)

Will do with the link,I'm not going to blog,as that just makes it too much like work,may do Instagram as well,but Facebook will be the main one,it's just easiest

Will do with the link,I'm not going to blog,as that just makes it too much like work,may do Instagram as well,but Facebook will be the main one,it's just easiest

When's this likely to be happening, soon? Post the odd pic or two on there aswell.

When's this likely to be happening, soon? Post the odd pic or two on there aswell.

April next year,flogging 6 items of junk on eBay,to pay for the flight,4 have definitely sold,and I'm £120 up so far with 4 days left to bid,so enough for the flight,hotel for a couple of nights and the auschwitz tour as well,flights £67 for me,bike and luggage,tour place is £10 so just the hotel to sort,I'll pay for it when the auctions done and everyone's paid.

As before, good work fella! Especially going from no cycling to that in a fairly short time,if I was wearing a hat,I'd take it off to you

Back