• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2015 Cricket World Cup Australia/ New Zealand

Far too easy for Australia, though India did not help themselves. Very strange tactics.

Interesting stat...Australia and England have now won the same number of World Cup matches across Cricket, Football and Rugby Union (96)

England will be appearing in the world cup final. Well one of our umpires will...!

Michael Clarke has announced that tomorrows world cup final will be his last one day international, but he intends to carry on at test level.

But sad news that Martin Crowe says that tomorrows final might be the last game of cricket he will watch as he battles against cancer.

A tame end to a very poor tournament. You'd do well to pick out five genuinely good games.

England Bangladesh was probably good for the neutral

Scotland vs Afghanistan
New Zealand vs Australia (group stage)
England vs Bangladesh
New Zealand vs South Africa
Ireland vs West Indies
Ireland vs Zimbabwe

Really I think that is about it and I'm being generous with a couple there that were basically cripple fights. At the moment the format of the tournament is overwrought and dull, and the playing conditions mean that many games drift into non-contests before we're even halfway through. Major rethinks all round required.

Australia deservedly won the competition, it was just a shame that New Zealand fell away today.

Scotland vs Afghanistan
New Zealand vs Australia (group stage)
England vs Bangladesh
New Zealand vs South Africa
Ireland vs West Indies
Ireland vs Zimbabwe

Really I think that is about it and I'm being generous with a couple there that were basically cripple fights. At the moment the format of the tournament is overwrought and dull, and the playing conditions mean that many games drift into non-contests before we're even halfway through. Major rethinks all round required.

There is talk of there only being 10 teams in the 2019 tournament. While I agree there needs to be a re-think, I do not see limiting the opportunities for the associate nations as being helpful.

The best games were between some of those associate nations. Same problem with the cricket world cup as last time, and the time before. Too long and drawn out. Keep the same number of teams and matches, as that is what the sponsors will want, but make it two matches a day, every day. At least until the semi-finals. What was ridiculous was things like England having 14 days to play their last two matches. You would do an entire group stage in a football world cup in not much more time.

They are a horrible team. Faulkner, Warner, Maxwell, Haddin and Watson are appalling specimens.

Sounds very familiar to what people were saying about England when they were winning.

In very competitive people victory can bring out the worst, if there are no suitable sanctions then you end up with England and Australia behaving like this.

Back