• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

A jolly good read?

Just finished reading the latest Jack Reacher novel, called The Affair. As usual it's top notch entertainment. Up there as one of the best in the series IMO.

I love the Jack Reacher series, but can't bring myself to read any more of them following the disgraceful casting for Reacher's big screen debut.

I love the Jack Reacher series, but can't bring myself to read any more of them following the disgraceful casting for Reacher's big screen debut.

:ursofunny:

And I thought you were a BIG Tom Cruise fan...

Read the books, just don't go and see the film.

I will eventually. The pain is too great at the moment.

Just finished 'Chavs' by Owen Jones. Looks at how the working class are mocked and demonised by the rest of society, particularly the rich and powerful.

Some home-truths in there! An eye-opening read really; I think everyone should read it.

Anyone read the Richard Bachman books, The Long Walkwas the best

Yes - I like them a lot.

Just started the new Sherlock Holmes by Anthony Horowitz. Seems pretty good and a decent diversion before I knuckle down to the enormity that is the Wheel of Time

Yes that was shit.

Books wont be the same after shorty's casting.

Get over it guys!
Just cast that little jerk from your minds as you read.
Go back to the image you had before you heard about the casting.

I'm on my 2nd time around the full set. Every single one.

Another good one is Nelson DeMille.
Particular the rogue cop, John Corey. He has about 15 books. that'll keep you going.

My favourite currently are
Lee Child
Nelson DeMille
James Lee Burke
and oddly enough Jones Bo, Norwegian lad.

I think it might be Jo Nesbo actually.

By the way, if you want a decent short read, could I direct you to the BLOG section?

Our (hiding his light under his bush) Eastern has some great stuff up there.

And when you've read them it'd be good if you responded in the comments section too.

Anything by Michael Connelly, Bernard Cornwell (especially The Saxon series), Ian Rankin, Kathy Reichs, Tess Gerriston & Lee Childs.

Just started Cage Of Bones by Tania Carver, but it's not too promising.

Finished A Dance With Dragons. Great book. Unbelievable ending!!!!

I'm now totally up to date with A Song of Ice and Fire - only took me 10 months!

Book 3 is the best, with this one (book 5) a close 2nd.

Hurry up and finish Winds of Winter please, George!

Next year then? ADWD was published in early 2011.

Just getting to the end of David Peace's 1977, second one in the Red Riding series. Absolutely brilliant crime fiction. Pretty brutal and harrowing, and none of the characters are what you'd call sympathetic but it's compelling stuff. Bit heavy on the anal sex, but when is that ever a bad thing?

Halfway through I, Partridge.

It's fantastic.

Best use of footnotes in a book EVER.

Any one read Robert Ludlum?

I've just bought The Bourne series on dvd but I've never read him.
Are his books asgood as the films?

Any one read Robert Ludlum?

I've just bought The Bourne series on dvd but I've never read him.
Are his books asgood as the films?

The books are TOTALLY different. Characters that die in the films are alive 5 or more books in.

Back