• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

AFCON 2015

I'm going to watch the semi-final between Ghana and Equatorial Guinea. I have apologised to my eyes in advance, but there really is nothing else on.

This has been a truly wank tournament even by African Nations standards.

This is on, but not really watching. Stupid goalkeeping though, just needed to come out & get closer to put him off not take him out

according to the Grauniad, there is a threat to abandon the game if the EG fans don't stop throwing bottles onto the pitch. Apparently the stadium announcement was greeted by even more bottles.

Just switched it on and i've already seen football only worthy of a park on a Sunday. The EG corner taken straight to a Ghanaian on the edge of the box to break away with. Surely Ivory Coast have to win it this year.

Game stopped?

B9G8G5jCcAAvpBd.jpg

Bottles etc being thrown on the pitch. Might as well call it off, it's game over anyway.

Morocco has been fined $1 million for failing to host African Cup; thrown out of next 2 tournaments

Ah - but they also have to pay the medical bills of any ghana fan injured during the disturbances. An interesting punishment.

A wise one, IMHO.

It probably is - EG FA are forced to be putting right some of the damage to innocent Ghana fans. I can see it being wide open to exploitation though.

Surely they can track it by tickets? Anyway there shouldn't be more punishment than that, excepting a ban on fans for upcoming EG matches. No need to punish the team itself.

Ivory Coast have missed their first 2 pens in the shootout, 2-1 Ghana after 3 penalties each.

2-2 after 4 pens. Ivory Coast's goalkeeper is now suffering from cramp apparently.

Great pen from Yaya to make it 3-3 after the first 5.

Back