• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Albion Away 3rd May

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit I do bet against Wolves in certain games. This is not because I want us to lose, but my luck is so bad it makes me feel good when I lose.
In contrast when we do, it softens the disappoint. It’s perhaps a bit of reverse psychology but paid dividends this year against Burnley, West Ham, Everton, and the Baggies so far. No doubts Sandwell Town will do us again on Monday so will be putting a few quid in hope I lose it😏
And the forum think I am nuts 🤣🤣

Neither Mouthino or Jose were on the youtube training video this week. Don`t suppose it`s significant. Trying to drum up enthusiasm for this match but if the other half say`s she wants to go out, I probably, won`t put up much of a fight.

Theo and Owen not in the U23's this afternoon so back in the squad for Monday.

I am fucking dreading this.
I want to sleep and wake up after its done. I cannot as I need to be in the bar we have a pool game.

As much as i want us to win, im starting to get the jitters, especially as my Mrs is Albion. We are capable of pulling something out of the hat, so lets hope its on Monday, or my lovely lady will turn into a Bitch. Ive got the spare room ready, just in case.

More hacked off at the fact we always seem to lose to Allardyce sides.
This is a bigger game than it really should be, in theory it’s dead rubber for us but after last week people are looking for a reaction.
Doesn’t help matters that we threw in a dire display and lost the reverse fixture in Jan.
BCD shouldn’t define a manager or players but for a lot of our fan base it’s a big deal whether you agree with it or not.
Winning this keeps a lot of people on side losing and playing like we did on Sunday just turns more towards the Nuno out camp and just heaps more pressure on going into next season.

More hacked off at the fact we always seem to lose to Allardyce sides.
This is a bigger game than it really should be, in theory it’s dead rubber for us but after last week people are looking for a reaction.
Doesn’t help matters that we threw in a dire display and lost the reverse fixture in Jan.
BCD shouldn’t define a manager or players but for a lot of our fan base it’s a big deal whether you agree with it or not.
Winning this keeps a lot of people on side losing and playing like we did on Sunday just turns more towards the Nuno out camp and just heaps more pressure on going into next season.
This will not change my thinking of Nuno. I will be amazed if we win or even draw, given Nuno's comments regarding the number of Injuries.

I am expecting a different team, not through choice but through Necessity.

I dont have a clue who is injured But i expect a inexperienced Bench and may be one of MGW and Vit to start.

Maybe I’m cynical but I reckon the “lots of injuries” is a load of bollocks. 3 Long term casualties, 2 of which in a position we are well stocked, Moutinho who isn’t a guaranteed starter and WJ who in the views of TWF shouldnt be a starter shouldnt really be a big deal.

2 additional short term injuries only becomes an issue if there’s only 12 players you want to use and the 12th you only actually want to use as a sub.

Moutinho absolutely is a guaranteed starter. He's started 93 of a possible 109 games since he signed for us.

If José is injured then happy days as he is fucking dreadful.

That is an issue though, even if it's self made. As is being discussed on the transfer thread Nuno inferred yesterday that he recognises that.

There isn't anyone new missing from the pictures the OS put up today, although that doesn't mean they are fit to play obviously

Moutinho absolutely is a guaranteed starter. He's started 93 of a possible 109 games since he signed for us.

If José is injured then happy days as he is fucking dreadful.
What TT says.

Plus for the first half of the season it was 90% of the forums mind Neves or Moutinho.

Basically I’m just not having WJ and a soon to be 35 year old out injured as some kind of “crisis” where it excuses a poor result against a dreadful football team

Oh no, unless the whole squad gets Covid then we still shouldn't lose to them, they are rubbish.

I'm thinking something like this shape would be my team tomorrow.

Rui

Boly - Coady - Saiss

Semedo - Vitinha - Neves - RAN

Traore - MGW

Silva

Podence clearly isn't fit enough, so give Morgan a go. Silva probably deserves another start now against a team he's already scored against. I'd like to give someone like Marques a go instead of Saiss, but in a Derby that's probably not an ideal debut scenario for the kid.

What’s the basis/theory for Podence being unfit when he’s been back in trying 5/6 weeks? That’s basically a preseason! He was out 6 weeks not 6 months.

What’s the basis/theory for Podence being unfit when he’s been back in trying 5/6 weeks? That’s basically a preseason! He was out 6 weeks not 6 months.
I think I’d actually rather see anyone other than Podence at the moment.

He’s been pretty awful for as long as I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back