• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Another shooting.

Close this Thread?

• Yes - Pointless

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • No - The Thread isn't Pointless

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters
Schools in America had gun clubs and firing ranges until about 1969. Kids drove to school with rifles on gun racks. Mass shootings were non existent at that time.

If Trump had succeeded in his coup to stay in power, (assuming the military went along) what recourse would Americans have had without the Second Amendment?
Armed citizens Vs Army / Navy / Air force?

I doubt very much the US military would have sided with trump tbh.
A couple of thousand cosplaying wannabe soldiers aren’t going to do a lot, when the most powerful armed forces in history comes into town, heavily armed with an airforce and tanks

I doubt very much the US military would have sided with trump tbh.
A couple of thousand cosplaying wannabe soldiers aren’t going to do a lot, when the most powerful armed forces in history comes into town, heavily armed with an airforce and tanks
You're underestimating the conservatism of the average soldier, methinks. Can't speak to the higher ups.

Worth pointing out that three of the folks arrested in relation to Jan. 6th are Active Duty Marines.

Fair enough, I’m too far away to know this stuff, you’d hope officers would be more clued up

An anecdote:

My brother-in-law is a sub squadron commander in the Navy. He was stationed at the same base a couple of times, during three presidencies, Obama, Trump, and a smidge of Biden. As the symbolic Master In Chief, the Naval Office on the base would display a massive portrait of the current sitting President, and a lot of hubbub is made for the portrait changing.

Guess which portrait coming off the wall generated the most anger with the rank and file?

Not hard evidence, obviously, but I'd bet my rent that it's indicative of the US military on the whole.

It’ll have been Obama in that tan suit is my guess, I mean a tan suit! ;)

Schools in America had gun clubs and firing ranges until about 1969. Kids drove to school with rifles on gun racks. Mass shootings were non existent at that time.

If Trump had succeeded in his coup to stay in power, (assuming the military went along) what recourse would Americans have had without the Second Amendment?

I can just picture it now, a motley crew of basemant dwelling virgins engaging a federal government which spent $801bn on defence last year - more than the next 9 countries combined.

I'm sure they'll be grateful for their guns as they're picked off by a single drone operator 😂

Another Mass Shooting in California again. 7 Dead in Half Moon Bay, San Mateo county.
They got the guy on the floor and are processing him.
Just keep it going you mad fuckers. Nothing wrong at all.

I can just picture it now, a motley crew of basemant dwelling virgins engaging a federal government which spent $801bn on defence last year - more than the next 9 countries combined.

I'm sure they'll be grateful for their guns as they're picked off by a single drone operator 😂

The point is what changed in America from 1970 to today? There is zero debate on this in America.

The point is what changed in America from 1970 to today? There is zero debate on this in America.
Well you've lost more citizens to gun deaths in that time than you have in any/every war you've ever fought so there's a population change if nothing else.

Ability to get fully automatic assault rifles is my guess with no or very poor background checks.

Do you own guns? If so why, what type?

Ability to get fully automatic assault rifles is my guess with no or very poor background checks.

Do you own guns? If so why, what type?
Fully automatic firearms are actually decently regulated.

If you're purchasing one legally you're looking at a waiting period of 8-10 months.

To be clear, I don't know how private sales muddy the waters there. Nor how well enforced those rules are, come to think of it.

EDIT: Apparently any legal, privately owned automatic weapon must have been manufactured prior to 1986.

Last edited:
Back