• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Another shooting.

Close this Thread?

• Yes - Pointless

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • No - The Thread isn't Pointless

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters
Not a shooting but a mass knifing! Might as well go on here so.
A 25 year old guy called Wu went into a kindergarten in South East China and knifed a teacher, 2 parents dropping their kids off and 3 little kids!
All 6 died.
Also injured is 1 other person.
Shooting is one thing but knifing someone, that's kinda close up and personal, but how do you knife little kids, kindergarten age kids??
What an absolute cunt!

(Interesting aside, guns are banned in China!)

If we’re widening this to stabbing,
1 adult presumed to be a teacher, stabbed by a teenage boy at a school in Tewkesbury

Not a shooting but a mass knifing! Might as well go on here so.
A 25 year old guy called Wu went into a kindergarten in South East China and knifed a teacher, 2 parents dropping their kids off and 3 little kids!
All 6 died.
Also injured is 1 other person.
Shooting is one thing but knifing someone, that's kinda close up and personal, but how do you knife little kids, kindergarten age kids??
What an absolute cunt!

(Interesting aside, guns are banned in China!)
Just a small rabbit hole connected to the above.
Country the size of China, has virtually no gun crime, or at least non that we get to hear about, Firearms are banned, How on earth do they police that??
What deterrents/punishments do they have in place that bad fuckers are so afraid of?
I mean China is bigger that the US, has more people than the US, so how do they get it to work but America cant?

Life imprisonment, summary executions, whole families in jail? I dunno, but I’d assume it’s along those lines

Last edited:
Having national firearm regulations rather than federalized will go a long way. Chicago’s infamous gun restrictions mean literally fuck all when you just drive 15 minutes to a shop in Indiana, load up, and head home with a bunch of shiny implements of violence.

3 men and 1 woman shot and killed in Hampton Ga last Saturday. police arrived and a shoot out took place when 2 policemen were injured, but best of all they nailed the 40 year old gunman a guy called Andre Longmore.
Police declined to say if he was known to them or not.
The 4 dead were 65, 66, 66 and 67 years old.
The police were checking for a motive and found one comment on facebook about a city ordinance and grass growing too long!
This courtesy of the Washington Post.

Cook's Corner in Trabuco Canyon, Southern California, 4 dead, 6 others injured when an ex cop went looking for (it is thought) his ex wife and opened fire, killing her and 3 others, and injuring 6 others. He was shot by police at the scene.

In fact, since August 2nd there have been 37 deaths by shooting and 128 injured.
That's 30 instances in the last 22 days.... Wow!

It's just stuff going on in the World that we're all familiar with.
It's stuff that Trump and Biden aren't handling very well and they're certainly in the news.
That's why it's in the very multi faceted 'General Chat'

Is there really any need for this thread? It's fucking perverse, an absolute stain on this forum. Can we please shut it down? It serves absolutely no purpose.
Absolutely this.

It's just stuff going on in the World that we're all familiar with.
It's stuff that Trump and Biden aren't handling very well and they're certainly in the news.
That's why it's in the very multi faceted 'General Chat'
There's no discussion in here, it's just you and Keef keeping score like a pair of creepy umpires for psychopaths.

It's an affront to this forum, serves no purpose and should've been shut down years ago.

@Kenny @Sniffer @Langers

Will close it if enough of the forum agree with Lycan on this matter.

Poll added

Fwiw I’ve never found this thread particularly offensive. Honestly, it’s been a nice place to vent when the past couple of shootings a block down from me happened.

A lot of Americans aren’t great listeners for this kind of thing. Not going to put up a specific fight, though.

Fwiw I’ve never found this thread particularly offensive. Honestly, it’s been a nice place to vent when the past couple of shootings a block down from me happened.

A lot of Americans aren’t great listeners for this kind of thing. Not going to put up a specific fight, though.
There's nothing wrong with a gun control thread in principle but the way it's being used is repulsive and it's a consistent pattern of behavior over an almost decade long period. It needs to be closed.

I think the actual wording of the 'Yes' vote is a bit misleading.
I don't LIKE reading about shootings, I really don't LIKE reading about that girl who murdered all those babies, the rail bridge collapse in India etc, BUT, it is of interest.
And in the context of an open forum on General Chat, (Life in general) in a different context, if a train had gone over that bridge in India and knowing India, 650 people had plunged to their deaths that would indeed be truly shocking, but it's surprising that the world isn't shocked that only a couple of years ago, nearly 49,000 people died of gunshot related incidents in America.
That's a medium sized town! But I suppose because it only happens once a day, (or more... 30 mass shootings in 22 days!) it kind of slips under the radar.
It's staggering and well worth a point of interest.
No one is 'keeping score', it's just If I see something in the paper (I subscribe to the Washington Post) I'll stick it on here.
Anyway, I didn't realise that all threads 'Must make a point'.
And finally, the usual Forum suggestion is that if it really bothers you.... don't click on it.

There's nothing wrong with a gun control thread in principle but the way it's being used is repulsive and it's a consistent pattern of behavior over an almost decade long period. It needs to be closed.
Indeed.

If there were a thread called "Another Rape" and it was just a dispassionate list of all reported sexual assaults in the UK (where conviction rates are around 2%, so we actually arguably handle that problem worse than the US handles shootings) then I think people would find that in very poor taste.

Indeed.

If there were a thread called "Another Rape" and it was just a dispassionate list of all reported sexual assaults in the UK (where conviction rates are around 2%, so we actually arguably handle that problem worse than the US handles shootings) then I think people would find that in very poor taste.
Damn. I don’t think I’ve ever had an opinion of mine turned on its head quite this hard before.

Yeah, maybe close this.

Back