• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Another shooting.

Close this Thread?

• Yes - Pointless

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • No - The Thread isn't Pointless

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters
Happy to be educated here

Close This Thread?
Option - Yes - Pointless

So the yes option is close it as its a pointless thread.

Anyone care to expand on why saying yes, close the thread its pointless is poorly worded or misleading?

I think some members might feel that if they vote "no" it means they are endorsing shootings. Because they are big babies.

I'm a criminology graduate, I've had conversations about some pretty gnarly subject matters, human rights abuses, genocide, sex trafficking etc I'd count gun control amongst that.

This thread has descended into not being a conversation however. There’s no longer commentary on pro or anti gun control, or the steps taken in Australia or Britain after our own incidents etc

The conversation about gun control has been exhausted, and so all that's left is two posters shouting numbers into the abyss.

Close it, it being open adds no value.

The conversation about gun control has been exhausted, and so all that's left is two posters shouting numbers into the abyss.
Truly this is the experience of being an American leftist.

Na, I'd leave it open, there's an opportunity to ignore or comment on it, surely the rip thread is similar to this one, just a list of deaths, with the occasional comment.

Censorship gone mad, where does it stop?

There must be about 30 or 40 threads on this whole site that I've never clicked on.
They're of no interest to me. None whatsoever, SO I NEVER CLICK ON THEM!
Whoosh! straight past them....

Good for you.

This thread, or more accurately the way you use it to gleefully tally up dead bodies, is morally repugnant. It's not about whether or not it's of interest, it's about whether its presence on the forum is offensive in itself.

or more accurately the way you use it to gleefully tally up dead bodies, is morally repugnant.
What on earth are you talking about?
It might be more accurate if you'd said 'with a faint sense of dismay', but I accept that might lessen the impact of your position.

What on earth are you talking about?
It might be more accurate if you'd said 'with a faint sense of dismay', but I accept that might lessen the impact of your position.
You clearly get a thrill out of this macabre little hobby of yours. Take a look back at some of your posts and how much you seem to enjoy updating everyone on the latest death toll.

What??
As in, "come here everyone, look what I've found in the paper...!"
Get a grip!
Tell you what, I've stated my position but it really isn't that important to me. Clearly it triggers you a good bit, so, I'll chip out of this.
I don't have anything fresh to add, so I'll leave you to it and get on with my double egg on burger.
It's an interesting thing that a forum that will not cancel someone's account under any circumstances wants to then wipe a complete thread.
But sure, it's not that important to me, so go ahead close it if you like.

Good.

Edit: Keep it civil please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not wiping anything.

A couple of people raised this thread closing so asked the whole forum for their view on it.

In the interests of transparency, what percentage carries the motion?

Back