• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (A) 24/2/22 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our pressing is outstanding. Will be difficult to keep it up for the full 90.

That's never the plan though, it's that quick intense press and then the contain shell and break, it's not totally the same but it's similar to Athletico's original style.

It's not always easy to watch them conceding 'momentum' and possession when winning but it's certainly intentional.

Proper struggling against the press now, just a panicked triangle between cm, wb and outside CB before a chip up the channels.

Won't be long before the cards come out for the time killing I reckon either

Think we have to start taking more care of the ball here. Can’t defend a 0-1 lead away at Arsenal for 70 minutes and we’re already taking the piss with the antics (Sa especially). Let’s hold on to the ball and also remind them that we can threaten going forward. Neves particularly sloppy in possession.

Raul needs to start winning something up top. The fact he isn’t is meaning we’re struggling going back to front and therefore going through the thirds and playing into their press

Saka and Odegaard have been outstanding. Doing very well to still be ahead. They can't keep this intensity in the press going all game, so need to ride it out.

Tbf the thought of bringing Neto on after an hour, with a lead, to hit them on the break sounds pretty good to me right now.

Especially as we can’t string two passes together at the moment.

We’re so so bad against any kind of press like this. I have no idea how we’re winning

We’re so so bad against any kind of press like this. I have no idea how we’re winning

They weren't really pressing early on, plus we were getting Podence on the ball behind their midfield and he was causing all sorts of problems.

Sidenote. Didn't realise Max Kilman had a younger brother in the Chelsea academy

Raul not having a good game again.

I think I cursed Podence. He's been poor since the first 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back