• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (A) 24/2/22 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've really struggled with their press since our goal. Hopefully we can keep it to 1-0, they'll tire a bit, some spaces will open up and we can introduce Neto to hurt them..

I don't think it's a case of we stopped playing, I think they started pressing more and that's something we've always struggled to deal with. And they have some players who are really good on the ball, Saka, Lacazette and Martinelli can all run with ball which makes it tough.
Yep, they've tactically got this spot on so far. The goal rattled them a bit but 5-10 minutes later they were back in control for the most part, and even if they haven't had properly clear-cut chances they're still looking dangerous and the more likely to score next. CBs are being forced to pass out wide, then the WBs are either having the ball pressed off them or they're passing into the CMs where the same thing then happens.

Still managing to get forward a bit, it's not massively lopsided or anything, but something does need to change because if they equalise the momentum will then be only going one way.

Too many in the team go into hiding when they're pressed.

Keep seeing the same pattern played out from the back, centre half > wingback > centre midfield then laid back wide to chip it down the channel. They all just move the ball on, pass responsibility and stand watching the next bloke suffer. Someone needs to stand up and be counted, play away from pressure then move for the return pass.

Certainly struggling with the press. They really jump on Ait Nouri and Hwang very quickly.

front three have had scraps not sure how anyone can have any complaints with them. Podence has looked dangerous when we actually get it to his feet though. Combined well with Nelson

home crowd already getting restless about time wasting

Cundle has a really high pass completion rate and is very mobile. It's a big test but he could be really useful for us

If we spend the second half just trying to hang on to a 1-0, we won`t. We`re inviting trouble with our giving the ball away.

I will say though, regardless of how either side is playing… man that was a fast 45m. good watch so far

I reckon Donk comes on for Hwang and Neto comes on for Podence about an hour in if we’re still 1 up. Switch back to 3-5-2 and have Neto playing close to Raul on the break.

That was nearly sublime. Magic from Podence.

Hwangs movement really gives us an extra dynamic in the final 3rd. I'd be tempted to try him with Neto and Podence either side.

I do think the reports of Hwang continuing to turn the ball over suggest he really shouldn't be on the wing.

How good was our goal?

That didn’t seem a foul, oof coads is PISSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back