• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (A) 2/12: Build-Up & Match Thread

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
We don't write off games in advance like we did under Lage/Davis but all the same going to be very difficult to get anything here. Midfield picks itself with the suspensions. DO NOT pick Doherty under any circumstances, I cannot stress this enough.

-----------------------------Sa-------------------------

--------------Kilman----Dawson-----Toti----------

Semedo-------Doyle-------Traoré---------H Bueno

------------------------Bellegarde--------------------

-------------------Cunha-------Hwang-----------------

2022/23: L 0-2 (H), L 0-5 (A)
2021/22: L 0-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2020/21: W 2-1 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2019/20: L 0-2 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2018/19: W 3-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2011/12: L 0-3 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2010/11: L 0-2 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2009/10: L 1-4 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2004/05: L 0-2 (A, FAC)
2003/04: L 1-3 (H), L 0-3 (A), L 1-5 (A, LC)
1998/99: L 1-2 (H, FAC)
1997/98: L 0-1 (N, FAC)

We don't write off games in advance like we did under Lage/Davis but all the same going to be very difficult to get anything here. Midfield picks itself with the suspensions. DO NOT pick Doherty under any circumstances, I cannot stress this enough.

-----------------------------Sa-------------------------

--------------Kilman----Dawson-----Toti----------

Semedo-------Doyle-------Traoré---------H Bueno

------------------------Bellegarde--------------------

-------------------Cunha-------Hwang-----------------

2022/23: L 0-2 (H), L 0-5 (A)
2021/22: L 0-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2020/21: W 2-1 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2019/20: L 0-2 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2018/19: W 3-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2011/12: L 0-3 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2010/11: L 0-2 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2009/10: L 1-4 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2004/05: L 0-2 (A, FAC)
2003/04: L 1-3 (H), L 0-3 (A), L 1-5 (A, LC)
1998/99: L 1-2 (H, FAC)
1997/98: L 0-1 (N, FAC)

Has to be this team, don't see any real alternatives. Just hoping we don't get absolutely thumped at this stage.

Yay! 100% with 3 minutes left.

The line up is as good as we have available but we've got little or nothing to come on to the field once we start to tire.

Ideally I'd match up their 433, I think we need an extra man in midfield as the 2 we have are inexperienced, not got an option though unless we gamble with Toti so on balance the OP team

Only 12/15 on the quiz. I would have got 13 if I could have spelled one of the surnames properly! Most of them were randomly typing in names as I think I only actually remember 3 of the goals :LOL: I don't know how I can clearly remember a goal from 1999 but had to guess to get the one from 2022.

I’d perhaps consider Sarabia in the Bellegarde role.

I’d perhaps consider Sarabia in the Bellegarde role.

Yeah, same. Bellegarde is incredibly creative but he was clearly being targeted defensively last night, really struggled to get anywhere near Willian & Robinson. I wouldn't like to leave Semedo as exposed as he was last night up against Zinchenko & Martinelli.

Only 12/15 on the quiz. I would have got 13 if I could have spelled one of the surnames properly! Most of them were randomly typing in names as I think I only actually remember 3 of the goals :LOL: I don't know how I can clearly remember a goal from 1999 but had to guess to get the one from 2022.
Snap!! On all points

If anyone knows someone who has a couple of tickets and is now not going, let me know.

Me and my son both members

Got a horrible feeling we’re going to be on the end of a thumping. And IF we somehow manage to defend valiantly so that we’re still in it with only a few minutes left, the referee or VAR will find a way of handing them the victory.

I know that’s not great, but the way we’ve been treated by the officials this season is starting to have an impact on how I feel going in to games and it’s bloody sad!

DW’s team. Doubt if he doesn’t bring Hugo on for 10 minutes the other day he starts here, though. If he’s not fit to start, play Toti at LB - not Doc. Thanks.

I suspect we are likely to see how important Lemina and Gomes are in CM this weekend.

Got a horrible feeling we’re going to be on the end of a thumping. And IF we somehow manage to defend valiantly so that we’re still in it with only a few minutes left, the referee or VAR will find a way of handing them the victory.

I know that’s not great, but the way we’ve been treated by the officials this season is starting to have an impact on how I feel going in to games and it’s bloody sad!

DW’s team. Doubt if he doesn’t bring Hugo on for 10 minutes the other day he starts here, though. If he’s not fit to start, play Toti at LB - not Doc. Thanks.
🤔🤔🤔

Are you saying that they'll magically become incompetent at the right moment to benefit Arsenal? Or they'll deliberately choose to benefit Arsenal? Checking so I know whether to don my tin foil hat after the game... 😜😂😂

He always looked tidy to me, if nothing else.

Lemina is such a big miss; he does that “be everywhere all the time” role so, so well. But when life gives you Lemons…

In all seriousness he should be on the bench, he's playing regularly and in our PL squad by default, clearly isn't being an arse or they wouldn't let him be with the kids.

Back