• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (A) 24/2/22 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re closing down passing lanes brilliantly and we haven’t got an answer for it

Stats sure are painting a one-sided picture at the moment.

Stats sure are painting a one-sided picture at the moment.
Yeah, they’re all over us. I’m not sure why we’ve stopped playing since going 1-0 up. We already had a goal disallowed before that so just keep going. We’ve gone in to ultra defensive mode and Raul isn’t holding anything up.

Raul is pretty pointless tonight. 532 maybe the order of the day, Podence and Hwang up front and then swap them both on the hour

Why even pass to raul at the top, he can’t win heads or stay on his feet

Just stand Raul on Cedric and hoof the ball to him. He’s getting zero out the other 3

Fuck me, Hwang is a liability in our own half.

Satisfactory score but we aren’t playing well enough front to back . They

Raul not having a good game again.
Should score his chance, but it’s been hard for him. Very isolated.

Bloody crucial going in 1 up. If they equalised i wouldn’t be confident.

Few good blocks, need to get hold of the ball abit 2nd half. Early goal would be delightful

Well maybe I'm glad I'm missing it! Sounds like a lot of anxiety for being a goal to the good.

Arsenal have stopped us playing. It’s that simple really. And we have no outlet in the front 3 to hold onto then ball.

We’ve defended well and stopped them having any real opportunities. Rode the storm and took the sting out.

It all depends on how long Arsenal can keep up this energetic press up for, cause my God they're racing to every ball

I don't think it's a case of we stopped playing, I think they started pressing more and that's something we've always struggled to deal with. And they have some players who are really good on the ball, Saka, Lacazette and Martinelli can all run with ball which makes it tough.

Every time we try to go down the flanks its getting closed down/we're screwing it up with sloppy passes

Really need the front 3 to find space in the middle so we can break the press better. Or if we could actually win a header and get onto 2nd ball that would also be helpful.

Good enough for now but we really need to not try to sit back for 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back