• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (H) Build Up and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing my predictions have been dire since restart I’m going for a home defeat.

It still feels weird going into a game against Arsenal knowing I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win. If we play at our best we can and should be getting 3 points but realistically a draw would be ok and keep them 6 points behind us.

I’ve said it before, they are our dream opponent given they will be wide open and don’t have the players to back it up. Powderpuff midfield, awful back 3, reserve GK, inconsistent forward line who won’t do the work backwards, suspect on set pieces.

My only problem is that it seems too good to be true at the minute. A win here and we are in a ridiculously good position and that’s why I’m slightly more nervous

The only real thing making me nervous is that we’ve won 3 in a row and at some point we won’t win one!

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/thr...urday-4th-july-ko-17-30-bst-sky-sports.34284/

I'd go with
Emi
Mustafi-Luiz-Tierney
AMN-Ceballos-Xhaka-Saka
Pepe-Nketiah-Auba

Tierney did well vs Adama in the reverse fixture, don't want him bombing forward like he is currently doing at LWB. I'm more worried about Raul Jimenez than Adama tbh. Raul perfect player to bully our CBs.

If they go 343 i hope we do, when our opponents try and match our 343 formation they generally fall foul. Also Tierney as a LCB? Is that what they've been doing?

I’m irked by the fact that Wolves haven’t played since last Saturday while we only get a little more than two days rest.

Dean Smithitus is spreading across the Prem.

That's what i thought and is why i queried this from one of their posters the idea of Tierney at LCB is surely moronic:

I'd go with
Emi
Mustafi-Luiz-Tierney
AMN-Ceballos-Xhaka-Saka
Pepe-Nketiah-Auba

Tierney did well vs Adama in the reverse fixture, don't want him bombing forward like he is currently doing at LWB. I'm more worried about Raul Jimenez than Adama tbh. Raul perfect player to bully our CBs.

Martinez to have the game of his life against us?

Tierney played CB in a back 4 quite often for Celtic. Not quite as good there as he is at LB/LWB but he's certainly capable.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

They played Kolasniac there last night, so it's not inconceivable they could put Tierney there and Saka in front.

Torreira has back in the squad for them after injury, but be surprised if he started. Probably means Xhaka and Ceballos for third game running which I don't think is ideal for them

I'm conscious that fans always overrate their own players and this will probably came back to bite me on Saturday, but as they played our formation yesterday it's fairly easy to compare 11s. The only ones I'd start ahead of our options are PEA and Tierney, the latter dependant on the opposition

You’d play tierney ahead of Jonny? :yikes:

You’d play tierney ahead of Jonny? :yikes:

TBF he said dependant on opposition and TT has longed been of the opinion (which I definitely understand) regarding the use of Jonny when we play a team that sits off of us. It's an interesting debate for sure, I think for me I prefer the consistency of the same team where the players know their roles so well. That said, I am such a big fan of Vinagre and when he's on the pitch as a left footer and with his 1v1 ability he gives us good balance in attack

Tierney is a very good player as well

I said I'd take 1 player from Arsenal and another for certain games. That's 9/10 Wolves in a combined team and I still get stick [emoji16]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back