• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (H) Build Up and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! Just to stir the pot a bit further, who would aubamayang be in for?
Jota in the here and now and as Arsenal have him starting on the left of a 3. I wouldn't swap them permanently given their relative ages though

I don't have nerves with this team. 3-0.

right-on-guys

need to win so I can track back to that boly tweet and shit talk all the arsenal fans

It’s a really big game - if they win, they’re only 3 points behind us - if we win, it’s 9 and we are really pushing for that champs league place.

3-4-3 for me, especially if they are playing the same system, we are far better at it than them.

I think we always struggle to create when teams match up with us 3-4-3. It reduces the amount of space the wing-backs get to receive the ball and our long switches of play are much less effective.

That’s true when they play a negative 5 at the back. Can’t see Arsenal doing that, and if they do they won’t be very good at it. Jota for me will have a field day in the half spaces if they go 3-4-3

I think we always struggle to create when teams match up with us 3-4-3. It reduces the amount of space the wing-backs get to receive the ball and our long switches of play are much less effective.

Oh, i'd got it in my head that we do pretty well when an opponent tries to match our formation.

Oh, i'd got it in my head that we do pretty well when an opponent tries to match our formation.
Spurs were the last side to go like for like. They had some joy on their right, but Vinagre played instead of Jonny. We scored 3 and won

This comment amused and irked me in equal measure in its ignorance.

"Nothing I’d like more than to stick one up Wolves. Their fans have become supremely arrogant since their emergence. I’m sick of their robotic system and 1980’s tactics. We can beat Wolves. Man for man we have a better team.

We can worry Wolves’ back three, particularly Coady who I feel is a bang average player. Also Wily Boly has been talking a lot about us in the build up, would love to shut him up too.

Im going for a 1-0 win for us. Wolves won’t be as intense without their fans at the Molinyeux. They feel invincible there, as someone who’s been a few times they generate an incredible atmosphere."

Good timing when Coady had just been nominated for Player Of The Month!

Bournemouth did it at their place and we tore them apart, I recall sides doing it last season too.

In fact I can't remember an occasion where a team has gone 3 at the back and beaten us unless Chelsea did at Molineux?

This comment amused and irked me in equal measure in its ignorance.

"Nothing I’d like more than to stick one up Wolves. Their fans have become supremely arrogant since their emergence. I’m sick of their robotic system and 1980’s tactics. We can beat Wolves. Man for man we have a better team.

We can worry Wolves’ back three, particularly Coady who I feel is a bang average player. Also Wily Boly has been talking a lot about us in the build up, would love to shut him up too.

Im going for a 1-0 win for us. Wolves won’t be as intense without their fans at the Molinyeux. They feel invincible there, as someone who’s been a few times they generate an incredible atmosphere."

Good timing when Coady had just been nominated for Player Of The Month!
That is the most interesting spelling of Molineux I have ever seen!

Bournemouth did it at their place and we tore them apart, I recall sides doing it last season too.

In fact I can't remember an occasion where a team has gone 3 at the back and beaten us unless Chelsea did at Molineux?

They played 3 at the back, but it was a 3421/3241 in attack against our 352 which included Vallejo and Adama on the right of our defensive side

Yeah i think the individual errors in that game had more of an effect on that game than the formations (i still think Rui should have done better with Tomori's goal, and Vallejo was at fault a couple of times too)

Yeah i think the individual errors in that game had more of an effect on that game than the formations (i still think Rui should have done better with Tomori's goal, and Vallejo was at fault a couple of times too)
Agreed Coady had a stinker as well

Coady was awful in that game as well.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

at least Cutrone got a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back