• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) 30/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

But surely no matter the level, you should know how to identify space?
How quickly you can do that will make a hell of a difference the higher up the game you go though, the tempo of the PL compared to the junior game will make a delay of a couple of seconds look like amateur hour.

I think you are underestimating the level of the Premier League compared to PL2. Neither of them have ever played any senior football before this season.

The academy has produced some really good pros in recent years. We sold one for 25-35m last summer

Yeah totally. Look at the youth record of Simms at Everton (who scored Covs goal) and it's taken him several loans and then nearly a whole season in the Championship at 23 to really look a true first teamer at that standard. Our guys are way off, it's frustrating but they are blame free for me, in the sense they clearly aren't near the level and role being asked of them.

Yeah totally. Look at the youth record of Simms at Everton (who scored Covs goal) and it's taken him several loans and then nearly a whole season in the Championship at 23 to really look a true first teamer at that standard. Our guys are way off, it's frustrating but they are blame free for me.
Just want to clarify I don’t mean to be slating the kids themselves.

Lemina wasted in the left forward position. If he is to play further forward, put him centre forward, bueno at left back and RAN left forward.

But surely no matter the level, you should know how to identify space?
the speed of it is unlike something they can prepare for without playing mens football. Watch the player cam on Tielemans on YouTube, and this is a preseason friendly. The physically is just too much for both and it’s no one’s fault except Shi and Hobbs who have put them in this situation

Well, in the meantime, hopefully it’s experience they learn from. Certainly not many kids their age getting starts up front at this level.

Absolute waste of a free kick from Sarabia. Let Doyle have the next one, ffs.

Well, in the meantime, hopefully it’s experience they learn from. Certainly not many kids their age getting starts up front at this level.
Yeah hopefully we can take them out of the firing line very soon too so it doesn’t harm them. Chiwome was playing for Wimbledon u16s less than two years ago. I know first hand what the football at that level looks like!

Amazed Sa and Kilman are being criticised for the goal, well actually I'm not. Especially by Jo..... sorry TT.
I didn't blame Kilman, I said he's a coward...he is. I stand by the Sa criticism, it looks even worse from the angle shown at half time from the side of the goal, it goes over his hands in the middle of the goal with his starting position being poor. It's shit goalkeeping and as many laughing emojis people want to put doesn't change that.

I didn't blame Kilman, I said he's a coward...he is. I stand by the Sa criticism, it looks even worse from the angle shown at half time from the side of the goal, it goes over his hands in the middle of the goal with his starting position being poor. It's shit goalkeeping and as many laughing emojis people want to put doesn't change that.
On the basis of that goal how is Kilman a coward!?

Let him go off by all means but stopping play is ridiculous.
Exactly!

His personal choice to follow that religious practice and his teams choice to play him knowing the disadvantage it puts him at. If they're that eager to get some food into him then let them kick it out of play to create a stoppage.

A right foot, a right foot, my kingdom to give Semedo a right foot!

Back