• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (H) 06/05: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
17/24 and half of them were from me randomly guessing players from the era. It took me until the last minute to even remember who scored the first goal in the 3-2 win last season!

I can’t even blame substance abuse for my poor memory, I think my brain is just naturally getting emptier.

Semedo training but "touch and go" for the weekend.

Chiquinho also training but realistically nowhere near a return.

From what people on here said I guess it depends how long it takes to find a lost bottle

From what people on here said I guess it depends how long it takes to find a lost bottle
To be fair, Undav (I think it was him) did land on Semedo very awkwardly in the opening 10 mins.

But out of our players, Semedo would factor high on my list of who would potentially "Throw a Matt Targett"

Last edited:
Unlike people on here to be overly harsh towards one of our own players ;)

I guess Jonny is the only real option to replace Nelson, even though he's done. Not sure Lop will throw Dexter in.

Lemina has played RB previously in his career. I do not endorse this though.

It's Adama time then...

I'd rather Dexter than any of the other options

JL suggesting Semedo has recovered to play. he did have a "dangerous" problem though !!

We know Jonny is finished. We don't know if Lembikisa can make the step up. He's looked promising, albeit in limited time.

Surely we'll get a reaction after last Saturday . It's at home and our home form has improved a fair bit of late , but then who can forget Leeds and Bournemouth .
I know we're safe in all but name , but I'd like a win and I'd like to see a very good reaction as well .

We know Jonny is finished. We don't know if Lembikisa can make the step up. He's looked promising, albeit in limited time.

Not sure Jonny is finished, he's been motm at least twice this season. He'll never be the absolutely elite defender he was obviously.

Not sure Jonny is finished, he's been motm at least twice this season. He'll never be the absolutely elite defender he was obviously.
I'm not disagreeing, exactly, but I can't think of what matches you're referring to tbh.

On the greater issue of RB, I think we've seen that Nunes + Semedo as the right side can work.

If Semedo is out I'd go with Dexter, they aren't playing with traditional width so he isn't going to be skinned but needs to watch the balls played inside him

Dexter looked promising at Liverpool despite being a bit raw. But in the replay he looked way out his depth. So difficult to know which one is the more accurate representation.

Occasionally looking "way out of his depth" is a criticism that can be levelled at almost any of our players this season tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back