• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (H) 06/05: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Head Brownie
Reaction score
Firstly, Stuart Attwell has been appointed as referee for this match. All together now... "FFS".

With that out of the way, on to what we think Lop might do in this match. Does he show some faith with his players in terms of getting a reaction to the Brighton spanking, or does he ring the changes?

I think most of us could probably select a side that we want, and one that we think Lop will pick, and most of them would be quite different.

Personally, I'd go with the following:

Bentley
Semedo Dawson Toti Bueno
Nunes Neves Gomes Sarabia
Cunha Costa

2022/23: D 1-1 (A)
2021/22: W 2-1 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2020/21: L 0-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2019/20: W 2-1 (H), W 1-0 (A), L 1-2 (A, LC)
2017/18: W 2-0 (H), L 1-4 (A)
2016/17: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2011/12: L 2-3 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2010/11: L 1-2 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2009/10: D 1-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2003/4: L 0-4 (H), L 2-3 (A)
1995/6: L 0-1 (A, LC)

Last edited:
I agree with Jinky :oops:

Edit actually no (tf).. Semedo should be replaced by anyone, I'd go Lembikisa since we are pretty much safe/

I agree with Jinky :oops:

Edit actually no (tf).. Semedo should be replaced by anyone, I'd go Lembikisa since we are pretty much safe/
If it helps, I wanted Semdo gone too, but we don't really have a better option (although I like Dexter).

Not even going to try and guess what we will put out this weekend as he could go same 11 or change almost everything

Result is secondary for me this weekend - How do we react and perform is way more important and big clue to who wants to be part of this club next season. Even if they ignore its a local derby, there has to be a reaction, something, anything.

A - Wouldn't be unhappy with that team tbh.

B - Unless you're going to put stats and quizzes in the OP you've got no place starting these threads

I think it's likely to be,
..................... ......Sa
Semedo....Dawson...Kilman.....Bueno
Nunes........Neves.....Lemina.....Neto
.........................Cunha
.........................Costa.

I think from a squad morale POV you've surely got to give a bulk of the players from the embarrassment of the weekend a chance to redeem themselves v Villa?

If they don't then they can't blame anyone but themselves if they get bombed out for the rest of the season

I think it's likely to be,
..................... ......Sa
Semedo....Dawson...Kilman.....Bueno
Nunes........Neves.....Lemina.....Neto
.........................Cunha
.........................Costa.
This team for me.

Now would be a very good time for Lop to get his first home draw.

Chat GPT is officially better than part-time Steve...

The upcoming Premier League match between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Aston Villa promises to be an exciting encounter between two fierce rivals. Both teams are based in the Midlands and have a long-standing history of intense battles on the pitch.

Wolves will be looking to secure a victory at home and climb up the table, while Aston Villa will be determined to continue their good form and cement their position in the top half of the table. Both teams have talented players who can turn the game around in an instant, so fans can expect a closely contested match with plenty of drama and excitement.

One player to watch for Wolves is their star striker, Raul Jimenez, who has been in fine form this season and will be looking to add to his goal tally. Aston Villa will be relying on their captain, Jack Grealish, who has been a standout performer for the club and will be looking to make an impact in this important game.

Overall, this match promises to be an entertaining and intense affair, with both teams eager to claim bragging rights in this Midlands derby. Fans can expect a high-quality match with plenty of attacking football and some memorable moments to look back on.

The upcoming Premier League match between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Aston Villa promises to be an exciting encounter between two fierce rivals. Both teams are based in the Midlands and have a long-standing history of intense battles on the pitch.

Wolves will be looking to secure a victory at home and climb up the table, while Aston Villa will be determined to continue their good form and cement their position in the top half of the table. Both teams have talented players who can turn the game around in an instant, so fans can expect a closely contested match with plenty of drama and excitement.

One player to watch for Wolves is their star striker, Raul Jimenez, who has been in fine form this season and will be looking to add to his goal tally. Aston Villa will be relying on their captain, Jack Grealish, who has been a standout performer for the club and will be looking to make an impact in this important game.

Overall, this match promises to be an entertaining and intense affair, with both teams eager to claim bragging rights in this Midlands derby. Fans can expect a high-quality match with plenty of attacking football and some memorable moments to look back on.
I have no idea if this was PTS or ChatGPT...

2021 was a long time ago. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back