• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Best holiday destinations

You might like this video of the abandoned city beside Chernobyl Alan, its also soundtracked perfectly by the amazing Boards of Canada

That's good! Bof C are great listening.
Chernobyl was accurately described in Martin Cruz Smith's nicely titled, 'Wolves Eat Dogs'.

I really liked Vancouver - very cool, particularly Gas Town. Also Antwerp - on our doorstep and fantastic live music, amazing beers and cafe culture. Loads to see and really quirky.

Well I don't know yet as I've never been before but I booked a holiday in Lanzarote last night in September, hope it'll go on here when I get back.

I've just had a fantastic city break to Belfast, did some trips around Northern Ireland, most surprising city break I've done!

I also love the Caribbean, Mexico and and Antigua are my favourites.

Wrap up! I went last March and it was still bloody freezing.

Did you enjoy it? Yes I've seen the average temp for Dec- about 2 degrees, but after some reading they say winter (in the form of colder weather and more snow) tends to hit heavy from mid-Jan onwards.

It was the wind more so than out and out cold that did it for me.

Didn't really see any of the sights to be fair, we were on a stag do so just spent 3 days in pursuit of places to drink aside from our afternoon watching Hertha.

I really liked Vancouver - very cool, particularly Gas Town. Also Antwerp - on our doorstep and fantastic live music, amazing beers and cafe culture. Loads to see and really quirky.

Love Vancouver, one of the best cities I've been to. It has literally everything, beaches, mountains on he doorstep, outdoor activities, nightlife, a great atmosphere and loads of cool neighbourhoods. Shame it's so far away.

It was the wind more so than out and out cold that did it for me.

Didn't really see any of the sights to be fair, we were on a stag do so just spent 3 days in pursuit of places to drink aside from our afternoon watching Hertha.

I'm sure that she was a lovely sight Mark

Love Vancouver, one of the best cities I've been to. It has literally everything, beaches, mountains on he doorstep, outdoor activities, nightlife, a great atmosphere and loads of cool neighbourhoods. Shame it's so far away.

I lived there for a year, in Kitsilano. Absolutely loved it. Great lifestyle.

Kitsilano was the place I was trying to think of when I mentioned the neighbourhoods! Had a mate who lived there for a while.

Looking like we'll be off for a city break in Budapest at the end of November - looks lovely, plenty to do, affordable (as I'm on a very tight budget). I wanted a holiday in the sun but various plans have scuppered going anywhere remotely affordable at this time of year.

Anyone else been? Recommendations etc?

Go for a meal in Sir Lancelots. Brilliant place

Had my stag in Budapest...in January and my it was minus 15. So cold the river was frozen over.

Go for a meal in Sir Lancelots. Brilliant place

Had my stag in Budapest...in January and my it was minus 15. So cold the river was frozen over.

Is that where they serve soup in bread rolls?

Looking like we'll be off for a city break in Budapest at the end of November - looks lovely, plenty to do, affordable (as I'm on a very tight budget). I wanted a holiday in the sun but various plans have scuppered going anywhere remotely affordable at this time of year.

Anyone else been? Recommendations etc?
Went last year. I'll have a look back through my photos and see what I can recommend.

Back