• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Best holiday destinations

Barcelona is hands down the best city I have ever been to. In the grand scheme of things, not far away, either.

It has literally everything you could ask for. Beach, port, culture, food etc etc.

For me not even the best city in the country. It's ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeez, I feel like the only person on the forum who's never properly been "abroad".

For me not even the best city in the country. It's ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tumblr_l2xy3u8gV41qc073co1_400.gif

Well Tunisia ain't gonna be figuring on anybody's list in the near future.

Went to Famagusta today, some lovely architecture in the old town but the (not so) new town is weird as fuck!

Something just doesn't add up with that place.

Out of the places I've been so far in Eastern Europe,Riga in Latvia was good,but you have to love a place where 15% of the women ages from 5-70 dress like prostitutes,the amount of lampposts I nearly walked into! Vilnius has probably been the best,it's the Paris of the East apparently,but cleaner,and less French,it's effortlessly chic.
Kiev has great architecture,stunning women,but really only one reason to go,it's for the visit to Chernobyl.

Chernobyl is on my bucket list for sure, love the idea of nature reclaiming human architecture like that.

Chernobyl is on my bucket list for sure, love the idea of nature reclaiming human architecture like that.

You might like this video of the abandoned city beside Chernobyl Alan, its also soundtracked perfectly by the amazing Boards of Canada

Best city been to is Marrakech.

The Djmaa El Fna after dark is a magical place - during the day the place is a hive of activity (including open air dentistry)

The Algarve for me, my best and most memorable holidays have been spent here. Closely followed by Scotland.

I've decided that one day I really really really want to visit Japan. It looks stunning. There's not a chance in hell of me affording it any time soon but it's on the wish list.

Alaska is definitely on the list, the scenery must be awesome in person.

Back