• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Birmingham City 2 - 1 Wolves Verdict Thread.

And that applies to all posters too - can we please have a readable verdict thread just for once?

Some of you can't handle a little support for a Wolves player I also like Edwards and Henry and love Afobe and Maco

Some of you can't handle a little support for a Wolves player I also like Edwards and Henry and love Afobe and Maco

Henry & Iorfa only good players today.

And back to the verdict thread. KJ was very disappointed at the way we conceded the goals today. But we are still a work in progress and there will be days when things do not go as intended. It is still in our own hands, and this season has seen many more positives than negatives.

Thanks for that for once I didn't see today's game so good to hear that

The most disappointing thing is how we managed going 1-0, we've conceded 6 goals in the last three now and all have come from sloppy defending.
We seem to go through periods of being very good at the back or poor.

Obviously disappointed but asking for Golbourne to be dropped is surprising, ok he fucked up but he is usually very consistent, if he's fit he has to play imo. Sako is the most irritating player, sublime at times, goes missing too often but we have no other choice in that position so he too has to play. We know MacDonald and Price struggle when put under a lot of pressure but again we have no-one better. It was a poor performance and result but if any-one expects us to play well every game, they are following the wrong sport, but it is still in our own hands and we have a good chance of finishing in the play-offs.

David Davis has had some fun Twitter, this was his tweet @Diggad1991: What a win!! Boys were fantastic #kro #nonoisefromthedingleboys

Just seem David Davis' tweet... I liked him as a guy before tonight, but what a little bitter cunt, hope he realises the shit football club he plays for is ruining his career and hopes he doesn't amount to anything more than a failed championship player. Cunt.

Let him have his fun, to be fair he made a massive contribution of 5 minutes today.

My best mates are Blues fans so have had a great day out but from a football perspective we were poor today. We had this bizarre plan to play everything and I mean everything through McDonald, all tight passes through midfield in pretty triangles which had zero penetration. There was even a free kick from 30ish yards out in the first half that we took quickly and lose the ball from. We didn't utilise our power, pace or movement. They weren't any better than us, but that says more about the way we played than them, a goal win either way you couldn't complain about.

I was stood 3 rows from the front behind the goal so it was difficult to see everything, but from what I did see, these are me player thoughts.

Ikeme, solid enough, may have done better with their first, but where I was there were too many people in front of him to properly judge.

Iorfa, defensively strong, good going forward, but cannot cross a ball, he scuffs it or balloons it over everyone's head. He isn't a career right back to date, but has to add this to his game next pre season to be the player we think he could be

Golbourne, had a mare, all players have them, shocking defending for their second goal and awful crosses, but in 18 months how many poor games has he had? Our best left back and needs to stay in.

Stearman, no issue apart from a 5 minute spell in the first half when he had a knock. As with all our markers would need to see the first goal again to see who got beat for the initial header for the first goal

Batth, had a right old battle with Donaldson, which I'd say ended 50/50

Price, couldn't handle the runs and play of the Watford lad in the mask who was the best player on the pitch today. Took many cheap fouls.

McDonald, as I said above to much went through him, he didn't do badly, but had 2 men on him constantly

Henry, our best player, Kenny has two formulaic subs, we all know what they are, today it was completely the wrong thing to do.

Sako, he had one today, nothing went for him, spent the first half too deep and the second half running into brick walls

Dicko, did wonderfully well for our goal and the first half in general, seemed to spend the second on his heels with the defender always getting to the ball before him

Afobe, scored a simple chance, played too deep. Play 442 and go at teams or play Edwards please, this halfway house because they had a midfield 3 didn't work

RVLP, had some decent positions without ever really capitalising on them. Our lack of movement in general made it easy for them to double up on players which he was a victim of. If we'd moved it quicker in general we could have moved it around more, but whether it were Sako, RVLP or McDonald they all had 2 players on them instantly

Before and after the game was some weird 1980's throwback, kicked off everywhere and in the main those doing it were born in the 60's.

Last edited:
Again is it a case that teams stopping McDonald will stop Wolves or pressing him higher up the field reduces his effectiveness going forward.

Again is it a case that teams stopping McDonald will stop Wolves or pressing him higher up the field reduces his effectiveness going forward.
We could have helped McDonald and Price by adding another in central midfield, but much like Derby County against Brentford we surrender control for a cutting edge.
That tactical thinking could cost both clubs this season.

Just seen the goals on Soccer Sunday, tremendous work from Dicko for our goal, two shocking goals conceded.

We could have helped McDonald and Price by adding another in central midfield, but much like Derby County against Brentford we surrender control for a cutting edge.
That tactical thinking could cost both clubs this season.

Surrendering possession for a cutting edge is what has got us back into the promotion reckoning.

Surrendering possession for a cutting edge is what has got us back into the promotion reckoning.

That doesn't mean you always have to do that though, i've not seen yesterday's game so i can't really comment but you can't just approach every game with the same mentality

Just seen the goals on Soccer Sunday, tremendous work from Dicko for our goal, two shocking goals conceded.

:icon_lol:

Always the way in football. Any goal our team score involves something positive - any goal we concede is shit.

Back