• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn v Wolves Matchday Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A half of two halves.

Poor first 15-20 mins when we could have been 2 or 3 down (Hause the main culprit), but after that we've controlled the game. Their goal was as spawny as you'll see. Out of nothing and a deflected shot right up in the air and under the bar.

Dangerous Dave strikes again..say what you want, he clearly scores some goals and runs around :)

Blackburn fans not happy ?......................Fuck em !

And rightly so. I've no time for cheats and if it'd happened to us we'd be livid.

The description from Twitter is massively different to the guy on Sky and his "punched it in". It sounds like the ball may have brushed his hand going for the header rather than a deliberate attempt to Maradona it (I shall await the replay before tutting at Dave)

The description from Twitter is massively different to the guy on Sky and his "punched it in". It sounds like the ball may have brushed his hand going for the header rather than a deliberate attempt to Maradona it (I shall await the replay before tutting at Dave)

I posted both official twitter versions of it and it made me laugh. Don't think we'll get a consensus on it til we see it for ourselves!

Tim II:

@tim_spiers_Star 47s48 seconds ago
Does look like handball from Edwards. Not a punch but a flick, from Dicko's left-wing cross.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 27s28 seconds ago
Does look like handball from Edwards. Not a punch but a flick, from Dicko's left-wing cross.

BBC red button, Final Score... Their reporter hasn't mentioned any controversy in the finish by Edwards

Sounds as if Golbourne is playing well, but isolated out on the left.

Seeing as how Edwards has had his one moment of the game, Ojo for the second half - lets see what he's got

Tim II was blaming ikeme for their goal - "That's a shocker from ikeme"

BBC's guy said it was his fault as well, completely messed up his attempt to knock it over the bar.

Just sounds like he misjudged the flight of the ball after deflection. Probably lost where he was. As long as we are not talking about keeper errors every week, he can have that one.

Just sounds like he misjudged the flight of the ball after deflection. Probably lost where he was. As long as we are not talking about keeper errors every week, he can have that one.

Yeah, he's in credit since 2013 so no worries for now.

Over on the BBC match page:

Goal! Goal! Blackburn Rovers 1, Wolverhampton Wanderers 2. Dave Edwards (Wolverhampton Wanderers) header from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Nouha Dicko.

Edwards has been better than Golbourne who's been average.

Ikeme was scrambling to get back on his line for their goal so no issue with him struggling to get it out and up over the bar. He'd come forward off his line initially for their shot, which then deflected up and over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back