• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackpool FC

Well the other 71 league clubs don't have problems and to make that kind of comment shows the limited imagination in dealing with situations the FA have.

The fit and proper person test and also moral guidelines for owning clubs should be introduced. Other countries don't have a problem with this but our spineless FA is seemingly inept at introducing such rules. Instead they are more interested in invoking rules that are outdated. Piss poor organisation run by silly old men.

To blame the FA for Blackpools problems is totally wrong. If the owners of any football club abide by the rules and terms of conditions of the association, then the FA cannot do anything about.

To blame the FA for Blackpools problems is totally wrong. If the owners of any football club abide by the rules and terms of conditions of the association, then the FA cannot do anything about.

Would the Bhatti Brothers pass a fit and proper persons test in the year 2015?

I'm not blaming them, that is clearly the fault of the Oystons. Unless of course you're deliberately being obtuse?

The FA do have the power to make it right though by bringing charges and changing the rules on ownership, but they won't and so clubs suffer because there is no action taken. It's a weak and spineless ruling body.

I blame the FA in respect that when Oyston was charged for sending those inappropriate texts to a supporter the FA punishment was totally limp waisted, they couldn't have acted inappropriately themselves but they did have the opportunity to hand out the maximum possible fine and/or punishment for the offence. if the FA had any genuine interest in the asset stripping of Blackpool they had their moment when Oyston sent those texts, and they bottled it.

Would the Bhatti Brothers pass a fit and proper persons test in the year 2015?

Such language on the Sabbath...!

And yes they probably would have done. Though once it became clear what their plans were, some fans refused to go to Molineux while they were in charge. But away games were well attended, and fans were not attempting to deprive other fans of their football. I do sympathise with Blackpool fans for the way they have been treated, but I do not agree with causing games to be abandoned.

If the FA test deems Oyston and the Bhatti brother to be fine then the test is wrong.

As Jonny said its just more proof that the silly old men have their heads in the sand and their noses in the trough

If the FA test deems Oyston and the Bhatti brother to be fine then the test is wrong.

As Jonny said its just more proof that the silly old men have their heads in the sand and their noses in the trough

Their nose in the trough. I presume you can back up such a statement with facts.

I have said that Blackpools problem is their owners, but the few dozen causing games to be abandoned will not make things any better for the club.

So the FA committee etc don't get very well paid expenses and free trips around the world etc? I seem to remember Crozier getting paid more than most FTSE chairmen.

Though I'm sure this has changed and they absolutely all about improving the status quo now... As will be seen by all the actions they take to remove dodgy owners of clubs, oh..

FA executive members do get paid travel expenses, as do people in all other walks of life. Regarding pay, Wayne Rooney earns more in a week than the prime minister gets in a year, so I am not too sure what your point is there.

Anyway sorry to go off the thread. Lancaster themselves have expressed their disappointment at a "handful" of Blackpool supporters forcing the game to be abandoned. There must be another way for their fans to express their concerns, as by pursuing their current actions, they will only make things worse for their club.

Such language on the Sabbath...!

And yes they probably would have done. Though once it became clear what their plans were, some fans refused to go to Molineux while they were in charge. But away games were well attended, and fans were not attempting to deprive other fans of their football. I do sympathise with Blackpool fans for the way they have been treated, but I do not agree with causing games to be abandoned.

Yes but let's not think that Blackpool have set some sort of a precedent here. Brighton fans used the same tactics in the 90's.

Very bad manners at the least. Personally, I just cannot understand why the Oyston family have been behaving so badly. What do they hope to gain by it all?

Some people are just born natural wankers as with the Oyston's.

Blackpool have been given a suspended three point deduction for the abandonment of their game against Huddersfield Town. They have also been fined £50,000 and ordered to compensate Huddersfield fans who attended the game. If a similar incident occurs this season, they could be forced to play home games behind closed doors.

They are in a right old mess.

They're fucked. They named their new captain today - a 21 year old who has started a grand total of 6 games in his career.

Seen the announcement live whilst they was doing the rounds of all the grounds.

I was thinking at the time he looked very young. Tbh the whole squad on camera looked very young.

"The sponsors of League One's bottom club, Blackpool, have admitted they've made a mistake getting involved in the club and will withdraw their support at the end of the season.

Village hotels says it has been inundated with complaints from the club's supporters since teaming up with Blackpool less than one month ago.

The company’s chief executive Gary Davis met with the Blackpool Supporters Trust and the Tangerine Knights, who are protesting against the club's owners, The Oystons."

I would have thought the sponsors knew what they were getting involved with. Blackpools problems have hardly been a secret.

After yesterdays defeat, Blackpool are bottom of league one. Disarray just does not begin to describe the state they are in. Unless something changes, and quickly, they could well end up being relegated again.

Back