• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

I’m sure he’d stand for something in writing the 2022 variation of the longest suicide note in political history like your mate Jezza.

13 million. BFD. It was a generational trouncing.
And the biggest vote share Labour had had since 2001.

In fact, Corbyn's vote share has only been bettered 3 times by Labour in 50 years. Despite how apparently terrible he was, those are the facts.

And the biggest vote share Labour had had since 2001.

In fact, Corbyn's vote share has only been bettered 3 times by Labour in 50 years. Despite how apparently terrible he was, those are the facts.
He lost to an eighty seat majority. Anything else is just bloody window dressing.

I would suggest that Corbyn's approach around Brexit and his long-held beliefs about the EU were a lot more damaging to both Labour and the nation as a whole than anything Starmer has failed to clarify to date.

Brexit is the single biggest factor in our country being in an inexorable nosedive with very little hope of pulling up before we smash into the sea. Jeremy Corbyn was quite happy for Brexit to happen, in fact he suggested we should invoke A50 the day after the referendum. Smart thinking, comrade.

Maybe if he had an ounce of pragmatism then we might not be in this nightmare. As it is he stayed well away from the Remain campaign, never articulated properly what his or the party's position was (before or after the referendum) and failed to properly challenge or condemn any of the madness that followed. And there you go, we are where we are, with a dreadful economy, rampant inflation, a hollowed-out workforce, trade difficulties for decades to come, reduced rights for us all and Boris Johnson as Prime Minister. Thanks Jez, you played a hell of a hand.

I wouldn't be taking a single lesson from him, vote share in a two horse race (as the LD vote collapsed) means bugger all if you finish second. Even less when the figure that actually matters (seats won) was an absolute massacre. It'd be like saying you played quite well if you lost 9-4 to Man City.

Stop being so defensive mate... It's the optics of the 2 strikes and the coverage (or lack of) and they're Barristers on strike, not lawyers...
The barristers strike was highlighted plenty when it was announced, its just that the rail strike impacts the average person much more.
It's seems to me the union hasn't made the important issues central to their campaign.
No doubt the media are only interested in the financial part of the action but its up to the union reps to push the potential safety problems that will happen if the railways sack loads of signallers etc. All public are seeing is median wage at 31000 quid (excluding drivers). It's seems very poor communication by the union leaders when they get their go on telly.

I would suggest that Corbyn's approach around Brexit and his long-held beliefs about the EU were a lot more damaging to both Labour and the nation as a whole than anything Starmer has failed to clarify to date.

Brexit is the single biggest factor in our country being in an inexorable nosedive with very little hope of pulling up before we smash into the sea. Jeremy Corbyn was quite happy for Brexit to happen, in fact he suggested we should invoke A50 the day after the referendum. Smart thinking, comrade.

Maybe if he had an ounce of pragmatism then we might not be in this nightmare. As it is he stayed well away from the Remain campaign, never articulated properly what his or the party's position was (before or after the referendum) and failed to properly challenge or condemn any of the madness that followed. And there you go, we are where we are, with a dreadful economy, rampant inflation, a hollowed-out workforce, trade difficulties for decades to come, reduced rights for us all and Boris Johnson as Prime Minister. Thanks Jez, you played a hell of a hand.

I wouldn't be taking a single lesson from him, vote share in a two horse race (as the LD vote collapsed) means bugger all if you finish second. Even less when the figure that actually matters (seats won) was an absolute massacre. It'd be like saying you played quite well if you lost 9-4 to Man City.
Sorry, who was Labour's Brexit Minister?

Sorry, who was Labour's Brexit Minister?
Free to craft policy all on his own, was he? Doesn't seem like anyone in history has ever had that power, in either the actual Cabinet or the Shadow Cabinet?

And he wasn't there pre-2016, where the real damage was done by Brexit Jez.

My main take form all this is if we have a TWF Quiz can Tredders and EP set the questions. I reckon I would be in with a chance of winning

Free to craft policy all on his own, was he? Doesn't seem like anyone in history has ever had that power, in either the actual Cabinet or the Shadow Cabinet?

And he wasn't there pre-2016, where the real damage was done by Brexit Jez.
The "peoples vote" was all Starmer's making and was the single biggest reason we have that buffoon in charge now.

No it wasn't.

As always, look at root cause. Had Corbyn mobilised *any* support for Remain in 2015/16 then we may well never have ended up in this mess. It wouldn't have taken much to nudge the scales. He did less than nothing as he's a Brexiteer, which makes him a fucking idiot.

Actually, had Scotland not been left to their own devices for their referendum, Labour wouldn't have lost the Scottish vote, and Corbyn wouldn't have been the first Labour leader in recent history to not have that vote, and he'd have beaten May comfortably.

Blaming Corbyn for Brexit is revisionism in the extreme.

It's not revisionism, I had a go at the beardy bastard at the time for it.

You can gloss over it if you like but he wanted Brexit. Has done for decades. If you can find me one single good economic argument for it (leaving aside everything else) then away you go.

The number one reason we have Boris Johnson as PM = Jeremy Corbyn. He was deeply, deeply unpopular. So much so that despite Starmer having done relatively little so far (as you regularly and correctly point out), people have naturally gravitated back to Labour just because Corbyn isn't there any more with all the attendant issues that brings, before you even get into how dislikeable he could be or the maddeningly self-defeating positions he could manoeuvre himself into. Like I didn't need a superstar managerial appointment with all the answers for the upcoming decade to get me back attending matches in 2013 after a brief hiatus, boring old middle of the road Kenny Jackett would happily do for me. Pretty much anyone would do apart from Dean Saunders, Owen Coyle or Paul Ince. Guess which one of those Corbyn is.

My main take form all this is if we have a TWF Quiz can Tredders and EP set the questions. I reckon I would be in with a chance of winning
It depends on what you’re like on obscure water knowledge tbf. I don’t have much else.

The "peoples vote" was all Starmer's making and was the single biggest reason we have that buffoon in charge now.
Allowing the General Election to be called when the Government were in a Parliamentary mess, but were still popular with the public at large meant that we got the shit show of the current Brexit deal, and meant he was in power for an extra few years. Sturgeon and Swinson were complicit in that decision too. I get that as an opposition leader you live for the chance of a general election but it wasn't the time to do it.

600px-Polling_for_the_campaign_period_of_the_2019_UK_General_Election.png

Polling for 2019 general election complain.

Back