• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

Lord McDonald is putting the boot in on the Today programme right now.

Raab squirming like a worm on a hook. He knew exactly what Pincher was like and didn’t mention it when he was appointed despite being deputy PM. Didn’t mention it to Boris, obviously putting a serial sex offender in charge of welfare was deemed appropriate. No wonder victims are reluctant to come forward.

He's a massive Tory, and i challenged him to come up with some positive things that the Tory's have done during their tenure, I was a little surprised that he managed it, here it is, presented in a similar way to how the tweet above did Labour's.

"Health -
Biggest funding increase in history for the NHS and enshrining that increase in law.
Vaccine roll out fastest in the world.
Ended PFI contracts in NHS.

Poverty -
introduced national living wage.
Cut stamp duty for first time buyers to lowest ever
Lifetime skills guarantee
Towns fund
Pension triple lock

Employment -
7.9% unemployment in 2010, current unemployment is at a record low of 3.8%.
Free lifetime skills training to help people remain in employment.

Education -
introduction of the pupil premium.
Taken education spending to the highest percentage of GDP on record.

Social/cultural -
Same sex marriage
Ending of ban on gay people giving blood
Posthumous pardon of all gay people convicted of offences relating to gay laws.
Protection of freedoms bill
Ended preferential treatment of low skilled European migrants, and increased skilled labour from the rest of the world
Monument protection act
First country in world to commit to net zero

Security -
biggest police funding increase in a decade.
Added 20000 extra police
Haven’t invaded a single country.
Pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Biggest per capita support to Ukraine.

Economy -
Most job vacancies on record
Highest employment on record
Introduction of the peoples pension
40% increase in export volumes
Averaged 2.26% inflation since 2022
Reduced budget deficit
Up to country with second highest number of trade deals in world behind Switzerland"

Some of those are easily argued (as I'm sure the Labour ones are too) and to be fair to him he did say the negative list would be twice as long.

Just thought it was an interesting topic, as I know we've spoken on here about how difficult it is to think of ANYTHING positive the Tories have done.

He's a massive Tory, and i challenged him to come up with some positive things that the Tory's have done during their tenure, I was a little surprised that he managed it, here it is, presented in a similar way to how the tweet above did Labour's.

"Health -
Biggest funding increase in history for the NHS and enshrining that increase in law. - Not by % increase - as amount go up so will the increase in cash terms
Vaccine roll out fastest in the world. Only because we started first - Europe soon caught up and overtook us.
Ended PFI contracts in NHS. Agreed but hospitals were being built, now they've all but stopped

Poverty -
introduced national living wage. - Minimum wage was in place - just a different name
Cut stamp duty for first time buyers to lowest ever - it used to 0% upto 60k when I was much younger so not lowest ever
Lifetime skills guarantee ?
Towns fund - Borderline corrupt way of distributing funds
Pension triple lock - ....and broke it when it suited

Employment -
7.9% unemployment in 2010, current unemployment is at a record low of 3.8%. - Agreed
Free lifetime skills training to help people remain in employment. ?

Education -
introduction of the pupil premium. - Lib dem policy I thought - School funding is still all over the shop
Taken education spending to the highest percentage of GDP on record. - ?

Social/cultural -
Same sex marriage Agreed
Ending of ban on gay people giving blood
Posthumous pardon of all gay people convicted of offences relating to gay laws.
Protection of freedoms bill
Ended preferential treatment of low skilled European migrants, and increased skilled labour from the rest of the world - Laughable that stopping workers legitimately coming in from the EU is now lauded because they can't come in.
Monument protection act - Brilliant
First country in world to commit to net zero - Lets see if they get there

Security -
biggest police funding increase in a decade. There decade of power?
Added 20000 extra police - May cut 20000 but hey ho
Haven’t invaded a single country. - Well done
Pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan. - Afghanistan pull out was a triumph!
Biggest per capita support to Ukraine.

Economy -
Most job vacancies on record Not a good stat as it means that jobs aren't being done
Highest employment on record - Highest on payroll or overall or per % of population?
Introduction of the peoples pension - Just another name - we had stakeholder pensions first which I believe Labour bought in.
40% increase in export volumes - They are declining now!
Averaged 2.26% inflation since 2022 - Its rising now!
Reduced budget deficit - Only as a % of GDP from an artificially high figure due to the Global Financial crisis. If you look at borrowing from 1997 to 2010 compared to 2010 to 2022 this lot have grown it by record amounts.
Up to country with second highest number of trade deals in world behind Switzerland"

Some of those are easily argued (as I'm sure the Labour ones are too) and to be fair to him he did say the negative list would be twice as long.

Just thought it was an interesting topic, as I know we've spoken on here about how difficult it is to think of ANYTHING positive the Tories have done.

Just a quick few notes without any in depth studying. There isn't much at all to be boasting about.

Just a quick few notes without any in depth studying. There isn't much at all to be boasting about.
I don't dispute that, but it's a lot more than i would have thought he'd manage, and at least it didn't say "got Brexit done" like a lot of Tory morons.

The police one particularly made me laugh Sniffer, as it was the lowest decade of police funding, and now the highest since then! :)

I don't dispute that, but it's a lot more than i would have thought he'd manage, and at least it didn't say "got Brexit done" like a lot of Tory morons.
Quite a lot of it is wilfully disingenuous though.

If I wanted to I could make a list of all the brilliant things Bruno Lage has done as Wolves manager, but I'd have to spin harder than Alastair Campbell on an exercise bike.

The one that Tories come out with that really winds me up.. got Brexit done! Leaving aside the rights or wrongs of voting for brexit, the implementation by the tories has been absolutely horrific, everyone is worse off, even the people that brexit was supposed to help. It's not just social side of govt policy it feels like the first time in my memory that a Conservative govt has been completely inept, they've overseen a downturn in the economy from what was quite a healthy position. Obviously brexit, covid and Russia/Ukraine has had an effect but they don't seem to have been able to mitigate it in any way.

Surprise, surprise.....

Johnson has call with Ukrainian president as No 10 faces renewed claims it lied over Chris Pincher scandal​

“Hello, is that President Zelenskiy’s office? It’s Downing Street here. Prime Minister was Johnson was wondering if the president is free to take a call?”

This seems to be a regular occurence in Kyiv and, amazingly, such calls often seem to coincide with days when Boris Johnson is facing some sort of domestic turmoil in London. No 10 has denied that Johnson reaches for the hotline to Ukraine as a distraction technique but, as the i’s Jane Merrick reportedly recently, the evidence to the contrary is compelling.

And, lo and behold, guess who Boris Johnson has been calling this morning. This is from Volodymur Zelenskiy.

Comical Elli(s) in charge of defending the PM in the house today.

The PM was told in 2019 of Pincher's indiscretions at the Foreign office and the fact that he had been found guilty of inappropriate behaviour. Unfortunately the PM had forgotten about this hence why conflicting statements have been made in the last few days.

You can't make this shit up.

The PM doesn't even deny using the Pincher by name Pincher by nature phrase.

It's not a can they can kick down the road. The 'investigation' amounts to 'read the letter that he wrote himself last week'.

Penrose and Wragg going in two footed on the Government.

He'll call everyone together, tell some unfunny jokes tinged with racism and misogyny, say he's learned his lesson, they'll bang the fucking table and believe him. Again.

Only the electorate can/will get rid of him. There have been a dozen (easily) incidents that should have been the natural end and none of them have been.

He won't quit as he's a freeloading cunt.

Back