• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth (A) 31/8: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to be the team that started Sunday, possibly RAN for Jonny. Only change would be if we wanted to go 4-2-3-1, then Podence in for Moutinho.

Yeah, this is what I'd go with too.

Raul
Neto - Podence - Guedes
Neves - Nunes
RAN - Kilman - Collins - Semedo
Sa
Can't say I've seen any sort of tangible plan while playing 4-3-3. Get Podence running off Raul and working the ball in/around the tight spaces on the edge of the area. Get at them from minute one and don't let up if we get in front. I'd also have RAN back in for Jonny, but highly doubt Lage agrees. We've got to win this one or confidence is going to be at an all time low.
Not sure about RAN for Jonny, I thought Jonny had his best game in ages on Sunday. He was superb. In fact the entire defence looked good, we only conceded when that ass clown Hwang decided to gift their best player the ball 20 yards out bang in the centre of our goal.

If Raul's injury is still impacting him , then why is he even playing or being allowed to play ?

In other words , is his poor form not more down to a disappointing attitude than anything else .

He may not like the role he is being asked to play , but that's not his call . He gets very well paid to play the game too .
Of course his injury is still impacting him, it would with anyone who had suffered an impact injury like he did. The psychological effect must have been immense and it is amazing the progress he has made; you must be patient and keep your fingers crossed that he can recover completely, or near enough.

At the time of the incident with David Luiz I called on referees to re-enforce the Law and advisory notes on heading and challenges made to prevent players launching themselves at each other. It was a lot better for a few weeks but has now, IMO, slipped back to what it was.

although the injury may still have psychological implications, I rather feel elements of Raul are back to pre injury.
He shows as being eager to take the front post at opposition corners, and made a number of headed clearances on sunday.

He was fine on Sunday in the context of our fabled zero service for any striker.

As for his goal celebrations...honestly, who cares.

"Hey Raul, doing some extra shooting practice after training today? We could do with you knocking in the goals regularly"

"Sorry boss, can't. Got to work out my new celebrations. PS, you're a shit manager and we all hate you"

I don't think so.

Thought Raul was OK Sunday, not quite back to his best but getting there.
Took his none goal well, probably should have done better with his other good chance, but shinned his volley, not an easy chance. Dropped a perfect cross right on Nunes nut. Worked hard as usual.

This, he wasn't in any way part of the issue on Sunday.

This, he wasn't in any way part of the issue on Sunday.
Whilst he wasn't bad or anything, he's still part of an attack who is struggling to create or score goals. That makes him by definition part of the problem.

I still hope he can come good again, but his all round play is still lacking the all round energy and drive that he used to have.

Whilst he wasn't bad or anything, he's still part of an attack who is struggling to create or score goals. That makes him by definition part of the problem.

I still hope he can come good again, but his all round play is still lacking the all round energy and drive that he used to have.

If we create for him he'd score, as shown on the only really chance he had.

Hate playing teams that have just sacked their manager !
I hate playing both teams that have and teams that haven’t sacked their manager now Bruno and Hwang are in charge.

If I was the opposing goalkeeper I would replace his prop with something else, like a rubber chicken or something a bit more x-rated.
"Raul celebrates in front of annoyed Bournemouth goalkeeper"
CaHml8pUMAAkXuR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back