• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A) 29/10/22 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, Bueno
Neves, Nunes
Adama, Podence, Campbell
Costa

Semedo has to come in for Jonny, we can do much else with the defence. It's Collins and Kilman

Put Nunes and Neves together, Nunes needs to stop being put as a 10

Give Campbell a chance, and I'd take a look at Podence as the 10.

Costa as he's the only striker we have, he'll look good for 15 mins until he's then gassed

Like the look of this.

I agree with most that we're getting mullered (another 4-0 I reckon) here though

I respect the views of those wanting to go to a back 5. The 4 isn't why we are conceding goals though. Toti Gomes instead of Nunes yesterday wouldn't have made a jot of difference and won't on Saturday

Hard to see past a comfortable Brentford win here, as depressing as that is.

I respect the views of those wanting to go to a back 5. The 4 isn't why we are conceding goals though. Toti Gomes instead of Nunes yesterday wouldn't have made a jot of difference and won't on Saturday

Agreed,it's not as if Toti will provide a calming figure if he comes in as his display against Forest demonstrated.

Throwing him in there could do more damage than good.

They’re better than us in every department at this time absolutely no evidence to suggest that this will be anything other than a regulation defeat.
Not good enough or organised enough to keep a clean sheet away from home.
We’re probably one of the most impotent sides to ever grace the PL.
No leadership and about as resilient as a wooden barbecue.

Surely Semedo has to play, I know he was culpable against Palace but not sure it was a lack of effort, personally think he's been one of our most consistent defenders over the last 12 months or more.
I'm wondering if he's carrying an injury we are 'managing'

Reactions: b3h
One thing I'd love to see emerging over what is left of the season is a leader . Someone who puts their head above everyone else , starts organising , talking , shouting , encouraging , in a very obvious way , both on and off the pitch .

Players throwing the towel in because we have no Manager and there appears to be no one on the horizon , but it's not as if they are not being well paid .
I know that Jiminez is doing his rehab in Mexico , but having him around the place would help too .

Being outrageously optimistic but if we can score when we're playing 'well' it might help bring back some confidence.

Being outrageously optimistic but if we can score when we're playing 'well' it might help bring back some confidence.

I dont think so, sadly.

Look at the career records of these players and they're universally one of not scoring many. It's not like a striker playing themselves back into form after a lean spell.

The fluke is when they do score. Admittedly I'm very glass half empty at the moment.

I dont think so, sadly.

Look at the career records of these players and they're universally one of not scoring many. It's not like a striker playing themselves back into form after a lean spell.

The fluke is when they do score. Admittedly I'm very glass half empty at the moment.
You have a glass?!

Think he’s just probably performing about how he should be this season. Cost us points against Leeds you’d say but equally earned us some points too.

Problem is he was never going to sustain some of that form he had during last season. Back to being a fairly solid prem level keeper. With the incompetence of those at the top I bet they didn’t even consider that
Some of the goals he's let in remind me of Patricio's final season. Not squarely on him, but you'd hope he can do better - Bowen for West Ham, Maddison for Leicester, Haaland for City. With a couple squarely on him, Leeds and Chelseas first. He has saved us 3 points with penalties though. He looks an average PL keeper, playing for a below average team. I wouldn't drop him, but if it gives us a spark I wouldn't be against it. Not seen enough of Sarkic to know if he's got the personality to give us a lift.

Kilman looks like the one who needs taking out, but we don't have an alternative really and I wouldn't go to a back 5

Lets do this....

Ff52XRdXEAUPitM

433, Bueno and Semedo. Neves sitting with Nunes and BT either side as actual 8s. Chem, Hwang and Podence up front. It'll achieve nothing, but probably as good as I could come up with

I am usually not a fan of throwing in largely untested players into a struggling side but…

…fuck it, they can’t be worse than the incumbents.

Sarkic
Bueno Yerson Collins Semedo
Nunes Neves
Traore Podence Campbell
Costa

One we need for certain for Brentford is a changed team , and I don't mean just bringing in Semedo for Jonny . We need something more .
A few weeks ago we brought in Bueno , a move that no one saw coming and it worked really well in the sense that it brought in a fresh face that doesn't have the baggage that others do . Hugo isn't perfect but he has added a bit of spark that we badly need .
Can we have more of this please .
When others ( players on the fringe ) have been mentioned before , people gave the reason that they were not ' PL ready now ' or perhaps that they never would be .
Surely things have change dramatically since then to allow us to tear up that script ?
Mosquera has to be considered - either as part of a 3 with Collins and Kilman ( my preference ) or with Collins and give Max a break .
What the hell is wrong with considering Connor Ronan - not even on the bench last Sunday ?
The present 14/15 or so players that are being played week in week out are not up for a fight and lack leaders . We need change .
We can all bitch and moan about the off field situation ( not that I'm disagreeing ) , but we are still within touching distance of the teams just above us , and a few of them have hard matches next weekend , and can still hang onto our PL status if we can just stay in touch between now and the World Cup break .

Sa
Semedo
Mosquera
Collins
Kilman
Bueno

Neves
B Traore
Ronan

Costa
Guedes

Johnny should be no where near the team, fuck him off to train on his own