• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A) 29/10/22 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Head Brownie
Reaction score
I’d make a few changes and tweak the formation.

Sarkic
Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno
Nunes Neves
B.Traore
Campbell Hwang Podence
Play Nunes deeper and alongside Neves. Let Boubacar play ahead of them and let him do the pressing/running, as he’s got the legs and actually tries.

It’s a sad state of affairs but I’d start Hwang. At least he can run. Who knows, give Neves or Nunes the ball in a deeper position and tell Hwang to run in behind and he might actually have a chance of shooting in/around the box - we’ve seen he’s got it in him from when he’s been away on international duty. Costa isn’t fit for purpose in terms of starting a game. Last 20-30 minutes and no more.

I’d personally drop both Adama and Podence but that would mean starting Guedes; so I’d prefer to see Chem given a chance from the start. Sa needs to sort himself out so can also be dropped.

I will just state that there’s absolutely no way the team I’ve picked above starts. Davis will pick the same starting 11 (bar possibly 1 change) and we’ll get more of the same in terms of result, but I’d be giving a load of them a rocket up their arse.

Reactions: jlo
Bouba is no #10, no more than he's a sitting midfielder.

Sa will 100% play despite his traffic cone impression yesterday.

Brentford will want a reaction after getting battered at Villa.

Due to the manager in charge and the meddling from above this has the feel of November 2014 when we got battered every single week and had no real answer to anything.

Brentford 3-0.

Brentford will want a reaction after getting battered at Villa.

Due to the manager in charge and the meddling from above this has the feel of November 2014 when we got battered every single week and had no real answer to anything.

Brentford 3-0.
Difficult to disagree with any of that.

Just play Traore Nunes either side of neves. We won’t though
I have absolutely no idea why we aren't doing this. Davis even said as much last week.

For him to then say he decides on tactics when it's clearly from Sellars is just gaslighting at Tory levels.

Just play Traore Nunes either side of neves. We won’t though

Harsh on Sa, Dan. Third goal can do better but not having the other three
Been crap on plenty of other goals too this season.

Bouba is no #10, no more than he's a sitting midfielder.

Sa will 100% play despite his traffic cone impression yesterday.
Sorry, probably the way I’ve written it down. I’m not playing B.Traore in a 10, just slightly more advanced than the other two.

Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, Bueno
Neves, Nunes
Adama, Podence, Campbell
Costa

Semedo has to come in for Jonny, we can do much else with the defence. It's Collins and Kilman

Put Nunes and Neves together, Nunes needs to stop being put as a 10

Give Campbell a chance, and I'd take a look at Podence as the 10.

Costa as he's the only striker we have, he'll look good for 15 mins until he's then gassed

At the risk of being the most unpopular person here, I'd be shifting back to something like the 352. I don't feel the CBs are good enough as a pair and don't feel we have the WBs/FBs to help that currently.

I'd bring Toti into the 3 (presuming he is fit?) Keep Bueno in and put Semedo back in too, Midfield of Nunes, Neves and then Boub Traore as mentioned above, then I'd start with Costa and Hwang.

Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, Bueno
Neves, Nunes
Adama, Podence, Campbell
Costa

Semedo has to come in for Jonny, we can do much else with the defence. It's Collins and Kilman

Put Nunes and Neves together, Nunes needs to stop being put as a 10

Give Campbell a chance, and I'd take a look at Podence as the 10.

Costa as he's the only striker we have, he'll look good for 15 mins until he's then gassed
think this how I would go too, maybe bring Bouba on at about 70 minutes when we 're a couple of goals up. 😀

Been crap on plenty of other goals too this season.
Think he’s just probably performing about how he should be this season. Cost us points against Leeds you’d say but equally earned us some points too.

Problem is he was never going to sustain some of that form he had during last season. Back to being a fairly solid prem level keeper. With the incompetence of those at the top I bet they didn’t even consider that

Doom and gloom in full control of the forum now. Sad times.

I’d play Lembikisa. If Semedo and Jonny can’t be arsed let’s prepare for next season.
Well worth a try. . .very few here thought Hugo would have fared as well as he has

Another comfortable day for an opponent playing ourselves, in fact I don’t see us winning away all season.

We have to resort to a back 5 . First and foremost stop conceding .
There is little point in figuring out how to score again if we keep conceding cheap goals .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back