• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 2-2 Wolves

I don’t blame Rui for the goal - it was hard, low, he hit it very early and it was just inside the post - it was an excellent strike.

I didn’t like that we pushed up so much when their only weapon was the ball over the top, made it too easy for them but I guess the alternative was maybe that they could play to feet? Would still have dropped off a bit after the first couple of times though.

Great to see Diogo playing well and scoring, I thought Traore was pretty quiet today but when he did get going scared the carp out of them.

Our bench needs strengthening - Neto has great potential but isn’t giving us anything a the moment, which leaves Cutrone as our only offensive sub.

we look quite tired, even adama, and understandably so. raul and moutinho looked really fucked to me. johnny and jota did well, saiss was good in the air, no real standout from anyone else. really shitty 2 goals to concede, especially the first. im sorry but rui is partially at fault, really needs to do better with longshots. donk did not play well at all. our bench does not exist, nuno doesnt seem to trust vinagre for some reason, and neto should not be playing in the premier league. cutrone is ok, but hes nothing like raul, he needs service in the box at his feet, which is not really our style of play.

cant complain about a point against these bastards, just disappointing not to win considering how well we started. is 11 unbeated a new record?

I think they said it's the best since our last championship-winning season (58/9).

Had we not dropped points here and vs. Sheffield Utd (I think most would consider those dropped points, given the way the games panned out) we'd be a point off fourth.

Cant believe folks moaning about Neto, he was barely on the flippin pitch.

Cant believe folks moaning about Neto, he was barely on the flippin pitch.

And has been in most of his games, he and Cutrone could do with a run of games to get some kind of understanding and to settle down a bit, obviously thats going to be difficult with Raul and Jota being so good

we look quite tired, even adama, and understandably so. raul and moutinho looked really fucked to me. johnny and jota did well, saiss was good in the air, no real standout from anyone else. really shitty 2 goals to concede, especially the first. im sorry but rui is partially at fault, really needs to do better with longshots. donk did not play well at all. our bench does not exist, nuno doesnt seem to trust vinagre for some reason, and neto should not be playing in the premier league. cutrone is ok, but hes nothing like raul, he needs service in the box at his feet, which is not really our style of play.

cant complain about a point against these bastards, just disappointing not to win considering how well we started. is 11 unbeated a new record?

Am I missing something here?

I think there is a real lack of realism with regards to who you are going to get to cover Jota and Jimenez. Yes there is an appreciable drop and yes because of that Nuno is reluctant to use them, but I'm not sure you are going to get much better to knowingly be subs. Plus we are just a few days away from goal Cutrone, assist Neto.

For the first goal, I'll take Murray's analysis which was Rui's starting position was wrong, should have been a couple of steps further forwards and a step to his right, although undoubtedly he was surprised by how quickly he took it. Plus if Coady is ever isolated like that something has gone wrong.

For the second, it's the first time this season I can remember a side taking advantage of their numerical advantage in midfield. Should have been picked up by either Moutinho or Jota another good finish though

Biggest problem on the second is both Doc and Donck getting sucked in to going to Mooy...and neither of them cut out the pass or make a tackle. Always overloaded from there.

From a Brighton point of view it was a good goal.

For the second, it's the first time this season I can remember a side taking advantage of their numerical advantage in midfield. Should have been picked up by either Moutinho or Jota another good finish though

I think even then it only really happened because Moutinho was picking himself up from taking one right in the midriff and hobbling back. Was only out of position for a few seconds, otherwise he'd've been in the right place to prevent Propper just strolling onto that.

Still a bit disappointed this morning, but perspective is important. We have played a LOT of football over the last few weeks and Nuno has pretty much played the same 11 throughout - I don't think any other club/manager would do that. It's a testament to the work done behind closed doors on their fitness etc. I was pleased to hear that they are off to Marbs for some warm weather and sun on the skin - well deserved and should do them the world of good this side of the busy Christmas period. Then hopefully we can get some fresh faces in from January to help even out the workload for the second half of the season. There were definitely players affected by "heavy legs" yesterday and I do think that had an impact - Jonny, Doc, Raul etc - completely understandable that they are knackered with the amount of work they're being asked to do, but it meant lots of loose little passes and touches.

On the game itself, we seem to randomly struggle against certain players. Yesterday it was Maupay, and we always seem to struggle with Mooy as well (he's a good player and I wouldn't mind seeing him here as back up to Neves/Moutinho). They did a number on Traore and once it was clear Moss was letting them get away with WWE style defending on him, they just kept doing it.

Pleased for Jota, people have been saying he "needs a goal" for a few weeks now, so lets see if that helps him moving forward.

On the subject of strengthening in January, I thought we were screaming out for some changes at about 60 minutes in and Nuno just seems reluctant to change things at the moment. Shows that we are really lacking in quality off the bench. Neto was very frustrating when he came on and Cutrone just isn't being given enough time to do anything at the moment (West Ham aside). I'm looking forward to seeing who we bring in.

Thought Cutrone could have come on earlier. Big confidence from mid week and Raul wasn’t really in it second half as much. He also caused them a bit problems with his work rate when he did come on. Wouldn’t have bought Neto on any earlier as I don’t think he’s good enough yet to go and win a game for us. Nuno clearly agrees.

As for the result, It’s a decent point. We could have won it but at one stage we also could have lost. Given the amount of games we’ve played recently and the fact Brighton aren’t a bad team then a point away from home is decent.

We can look at multiple games this season and see that we could have converted these draws to wins. But that’s where we are as a club at the minute. We’re not a top 4 team yet so dropping points but also being too good to lose is why we’re in the top 6 and not the top 4. We are probably £100m-£200m away from that at the minute so might more realistic next year than this.

Assuming it's the usual 'does your boyfriend know you're here?' stuff it's tired, unoriginal and lame.

Assuming it's the usual 'does your boyfriend know you're here?' stuff it's tired, unoriginal and lame.

Yep, that sort of thing. I'm not suggesting people should be more creative with their homophobia but it was pretty pathetic. People were doing the limp wrist thing when I was at school in the 70s.

It’s great being popular in Mexico, but some of the comments from Mexican fans after any post on LGBTQ stuff really shows them in a disappointment light.

"The two men – aged 46 and 48, and both from Bridgnorth in Shropshire – have been released under investigation pending further inquiries."
Grown men FFS

Grown men FFS

Did you expect any different given their ages? Not defending their actions, they must know it's wrong but they are of a generational where being gay is an insult. Not right but then attitudes are hard to change sometimes.

A day after the football world unites against racist behaviour by football fans, we decide to be trendsetters and start the homophobia, sigh.

I actually really enjoyed the game. I watched it with the sound off (mrs jelly was watching christmas films whilst decorating the tree). I thought it was 2 fairly even teams, playing decent creative football. Both looked to score goals, both wanted to win, neither set up shop.

Brighton passing and interplay was very good I thought. A draw was absolutely a fair result for both teams. I can understand the pov from either regarding elements of disappointment in not winning the game.

Lovely to see Jota back to normal. If teams put 2 or 3 players closer to Adama, it is going to create room for Raul and Jota. They have to be able to take advantage.

Agree 100% with DW on the 2nd brighton goal. Donck & Doherty both got sucked into the ball, yet didn't make a viable challenge. This left too much space. Unusual for us the be dragged towards the ball so much, and neither of the took charge, but no doubt we will learn from this.

Likewise I do agree with other posts that Nuno leaves his subs too late. Cutrone in particular needs more than 10 mins imo.

However, many positives, and still unbeaten. End of november and we've lost only 2 league games so far. Stellar stuff.

Back