• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 6-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

A lot of chickens coming home to roost with the squad-building and playing ethos over the past few years.

Yesterday was tough to take, but at least there's no hiding place and no illusions now. A stark result for Fosun to see.

I have some faith in Lopetegui learning a lot from this season, and maybe we'll look back on the result as pivotal eventually

Could`ve done with the ghost of Bill McGarry in the dressing room after that performance. If any more evidence was needed prior to yesterday that we need to cut ties with Mendes....yes I know it won`t happen whilst Fosun are behind the wheel. I would like to think Villa will feel the backlash next game, but I`m not convinced.

Well, i had us down to lose 3-0 in mt head before the game, struck me as pretty bleedin obvious.
Brighton under de zerbi are a quality side, playing excellant football, who lost a final then got beat by a lesser side a few days later.
Under de zerbi someone was always gonna pay for this, under de zerbi they were never gonna be allowed to sulk with their european ambitions at stake.
I thought lop had this in mind with his choice of midfield though nunes on the left when he has finally started to show something of what we paid for on the right was a tad confusing.
However i think he saw the brighton backlash coming and tried to counter it.
The players on the other hand were still patting themselves on the back having beaten palace and "most definately" avoided the drop.
NOT!
Enough has been said about nunes, but where was Ruben, i love the guy but he was never in the game as a true skipper yesterday, Costa got sweet fa to do anything with, and the back four, after their Rourkes drift against palace days before, tgough the zulus had gone home.
The disaster was a psychological one, the players not getting get the drift of what was going on in the Brighton camps mentality, and were simply rabbits in the headlights.
I dont blame lop, but we may need a seriously top flight psychiatrist in the camp next season, before another ten new players.

A lot of chickens coming home to roost with the squad-building and playing ethos over the past few years.

Yesterday was tough to take, but at least there's no hiding place and no illusions now. A stark result for Fosun to see.
Really, I dont remember you saying this after the Liverpool , Spurs or Chelsea games, does the box with the Fosun stick only come out after a heavy defeat?

Really, I dont remember you saying this after the Liverpool , Spurs or Chelsea games, does the box with the Fosun stick only come out after a heavy defeat?

Theyre two different things. But you know that.

The individual results are small picture, being bottom at Christmas and rank scouting and recruitment leading us to bottom at Christmas is the big picture.

You can be critical of one without been critical of both.

I didn't think my post was much of a dig at Fosun, certainly not an unfair or disproportionate one.

What do you take from yesterday's result?

Neves will go down as one of our greatest ever players but I think this season has shown he's not a great captain. Whatever that performance and leadership was in this game has shown that. Coady being the leader in the locker room hid that, and tbh Lop likely doesn't help (in that aspect).

As a whole, best team can do as apology is move on and focus and making up for it against Villa. Fuck knows who starts though. None of Kilman, Semedo, Nunes or Sa ideally. Which kids are available?

Back