• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 6-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Shite defensively from start to finish. Team didn't look right from the start, and didn't play right either. Lots of changes, not much improvement.

Neto can hold his head up, that's about it.

Last edited:
What do you even say after that?

We have to see a reaction against Villa now. Non-negotiable.

Embarrassed themselves. Don't really want to see a big % of that side in a wolves shirt again, prepared to disappointed on that front.

These things happen, don't get me wrong it was awful, but a fair few teams have taken significant defeats this season, it happens.

I don't think we can draw too many conclusions from that result/performance.

How we react to it next week will be far more telling.

Manager needs to stop fucking around with selections away from home. It's not a one-off now, there's a distinct and clear pattern and he keeps doing it.

Having said that, pathetic display from almost all of them. We're going to struggle to raise much money from shipping a lot of the dead wood out which unfortunately means it'll be difficult to rebuild, as you do need numbers in the squad. Some of them will likely survive but hopefully spend 99% of the season on the bench.

That said, hats off to Brighton. Marvellous team, gave us the runaround without 3 key players and with the reanimated corpse of Danny Welbeck up front. Hope they get into Europe.

I said in the week that I didn't think we'd at least intentionally take our foot off the gas. Er, about that.

Where do you even start. No-one played well (Toti and Neto tried, I suppose) but some of the main culprits:

Sa: Somehow cannot kick for shit any more. Abysmal on the 4th and the 6th. Quite often there are games where he never looks like making a save. Go away.

Semedo: Check his DMs, think he's been chatting to Matt Targett.

Kilman: A full 90 minutes of never being anywhere near where he should be. Don't bother making any challenges either mate, will you. Dreadful display.

Lemina: Saints and Fulham fans warned us he was prone to random shocking games here and there. Well, there you go.

Nunes: That's right up there in terms of the worst individual displays I've ever seen in a Wolves shirt. Like someone who'd never even watched a football match, let alone played in one. 0/10 doesn't cover it.

Collins: Came on and immediately gave away a terrible goal. Thanks for coming Nathan.

Hwang: Cannot play football.

Just...astonishingly poor throughout. I care so little about so many of this squad.

At least we can't be lulled into a false sense of security about what needs doing. Plenty does.

Sá - 1/10. It should've been about 12-0 so he gets 1 point for keeping it down.

Semedo - 0/10. Pathetic. Nothing wrong with him.

Dawson - 0/10. Atrocious.

Kilman - -1/10. Worse than atrocious.

Bueno - 1/10. Put in one nice cross.

Matheus - -10/10. Up there with Stephen Hunt as one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

Lemina - 1/10. Anonymous.

Neves - 0/10. Lost his head while everyone around him were losing theirs.

Gomes - 3/10. Shite but harsh to sub him off

Neto - 5/10. The only positive from today. Looks fast which is a relief. Hopefully we can get the old Pedro back now.

Costa - 1/10. Old.

Podence - 2/10

Toti - 7/10. Made a difference. Looked the most assured footballer in Old Gold today. Didn't do anything wrong defensively and actually picked out a teammate more often than not when on the ball.

Hwang - 1/10. Forgot he was on.

Collins - -10/10. Was he actually WORSE than Matheus & Semedo in the 1st half?

Adama -?/10. Who cares?

Lopetegui - -100/10. Got it all wrong and then made it worse.

That might've been the worst Wolves performance I've ever seen. A perfect storm of shite tactics, poor performances, shit attitudes, bad luck and a quality opposition. 6 or 7 of these to fuck off in the summer with my blessing. That should NOT be happening.

If that had been under Lage/Davis you could at least have seen it coming.

What the actual fuck happened?

Last time we conceded 6 in the league was Southampton at home.

Quite a different performance though that.

Back