• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 6-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Has to be the worst performance I have ever seen. Sa is absolutely terrible. Although he wasn't the only one.

If that had been under Lage/Davis you could at least have seen it coming.

What the actual fuck happened?
Indeed.

I'm not angry as such because:

a) I didn't go (I feel genuinely sorry for those who did)
b) It won't matter in terms of which league we play in next season
c) At least the manager might see the likes of Sa, Kilman, Hwang etc for what they are and get rid of them
d) It's genuinely not representative of what we are like on the whole, whereas all the shit at the end of last season was exactly what we were

But Christ. How can you show such little professional pride. Toti - who is a very raw, probably not quite up to standard defender who we signed for peanuts - put them all bar Neto to shame for attitude alone.

I get people like Nunes and want it to work, we paid a lot of money for him after all and he does have ability. But I quite often hark back to the likes of Ferguson, Harewood, Shit Doherty, Leon etc and say that the worst aspect of it was that they didn't try. Well, Matheus absolutely did not try today. That's unforgivable. He wasn't the only one but it does tend to stand out when you also can't pass the ball one yard.

May as well copy my half time reaction to save me typing it again, and I'll just add a couple of lines

Embarrassing, shameful and disgusting performance and attitude. Hopefully that's put some of the 'we only need a couple of signings and we'll be challenging for Europe' bollocks firmly back in the lol box where it belongs

The fact that it didn't remotely improve after half time is a stain on Julen. Tbh if my staff at work put in a shift that was so full of carelessness, bad attitude, and rank disrespect for both me and our customers, then I'd be thinking about resigning. It's impossible to justify, defend or explain that. It was a kick in the dick to every supporter. Those that went should be compensated, not just refunded their ticket money. List the salaries of every single one of them and make them pay a pro rata amount so that every man, woman and child that were there for that gets a couple of hundred quid for ticket, travel, hotels and sundries. Fuck me, I watched it on my dodgy stick and I feel like asking for 1/38th of the annual subscription from the bunch of pricks

We've had worse teams, worse managers, more damaging results, worse performances and all that, but that was pound-for-pound, genuinely the most shameful performance I've seen given the quality of the squad and the manager involved.

If anyone thought that it would be less than 3-0 to Brighton you need your bumps felt. Put into context whether it was 1 nil or 10 nil it was always gonna end in defeat.

Brighton are an outstanding team probably unlucky not to be in the top 6 and should have beaten the jammy bastards of Utd last week, and after our Lord Mayors show on Tuesday and their lame duck performance against Forest due to fatigue they were always gonna come at us like a caged tiger.

However it was still not good enough to just not even give some kind of performance for the travelling fans.

We are not a 6 nil defeat team against Brighton, but they have some thing still to play for and we were on the beach from minute 1….always gonna end this way.

Anyway, shit happens, it’s been a shit season with lots of shit teams from 12th down but 37 points is enough. Draw a line under today, enjoy your evening and weekend and hope that Lop puts a bomb under their arse against the Vile.

Thankfully, in terms of my personal wellbeing, I stopped watching at 0-2...

If anyone thought that it would be less than 3-0 to Brighton you need your bumps felt. Put into context whether it was 1 nil or 10 nil it was always gonna end in defeat.

Brighton are an outstanding team probably unlucky not to be in the top 6 and should have beaten the jammy bastards of Utd last week, and after our Lord Mayors show on Tuesday and their lame duck performance against Forest due to fatigue they were always gonna come at us like a caged tiger.

However it was still not good enough to just not even give some kind of performance for the travelling fans.

We are not a 6 nil defeat team against Brighton, but they have some thing still to play for and we were on the beach from minute 1….always gonna end this way.

Anyway, shit happens, it’s been a shit season with lots of shit teams from 12th down but 37 points is enough. Draw a line under today, enjoy your evening and weekend and hope that Lop puts a bomb under their arse against the Vile.
This is a team that have beaten every team in the league in the last few years, there's no such thing as a game where losing 3-0 is par, particularly against a team that rested their best three players, and against who's wage bill and transfer spend we absolutely fucking dwarf.

Yes, they're better than us, but to be embarrassed to the point that 6-0 genuinely flatters us is nothing less than disgusting

They say you learn more in defeat than in victory. So I'm expecting PhDs to be handed out

Very embarrassing performance and result today, shocking throughout the side. Neto the best of a bad bunch but everyone else was absolutely woeful. Even 6-0 flattered us, Brighton looked like scoring every time they got near our box. Fucking diabolical performance

Hope Lopetegui takes them for a meal at the Toby Carvery where @Kenny once got food poisoning after that. Followed by drinks in Wetherspoons and McGhee's.

If I want to find a positive (and hey, why not) then it's likely we'll actually see a reaction next week in a game that in a binary choice out of the two, I'd much rather win.

Mind you if we play like that again against Villa it'll be at least the same score.

I'm not surprised we lost to Brighton. They are a cosmos above us in absolutely everything as a club. 6-0 is a kick in the bollocks but it could of been 10+, so probably got lucky today!
If there is a reaction from it next week then we put it down to one of them days. We are not the first this season to get thrashed, and probably won't be the last.

Can we be trend setters next season and have 2 managers? Lopetegui for home games and someone else for away.

Two performances like that back-to-back? It would be seriously concerning.
It will say more about the players really.

Checked out today after Tuesday. If they don't respond it probably just means a slightly bigger building job in the summer

I remember watching Kenedy put in one of the all time spineless individual performances for Newcastle against Cardiff and speaking about it on here with one or two others, Nunes today is right down there. He wasn't helped been shunted into about four different positions but that doesn't outweigh what we saw with him today.

Sa is just a walking fuck up. I think part of the audible anxiety when we play out from the back is the 'gerrit forward' lot but it's also partly people who have zero faith in Sa who it feels is never far from playing himself or his defenders into trouble.

For a long time there's been a mentality issue with this squad, losing it at poor calls etc. Somedo encapsulated that today Targett-ing his way out. When you couple that with our away form pre and post Lop's appointment it's even more damning. Two away wins coming against Southampton who were managed by somebody at least on the level of Lage, and for the most part dead and buried and Everton.

Before Tuesday I'd happily not see the vast majority of this squad again, today necessitates them being broken up.

Hope Lopetegui takes them for a meal at the Toby Carvery where @Kenny once got food poisoning after that. Followed by drinks in Wetherspoons and McGhee's.

If I want to find a positive (and hey, why not) then it's likely we'll actually see a reaction next week in a game that in a binary choice out of the two, I'd much rather win.

Mind you if we play like that again against Villa it'll be at least the same score.
That performance warrants drinks at Mark McGhee's

Back