• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (H) 30/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect everyone's varied opinion on this, but being 8th counts for a hell of a lot more in reality than:

a) what Lage says in an interview (just don't watch them), or

B) sustainability doom-predictions for next season (we're not that good on TWF at predictions, as has been proven)

(this doesn't mean I think league position papers over all cracks or that I'm not concerned at all about future direction)

See, this is what I mean by garbled nonsense. And I don't think it's a language issue either, his English is fine when he wants it to be.

We need to have more of the ball, to control more of the ball, the work of the midfielders since the first day has been very good, if I play with two or three. If I expect Jose to play better with his feet to help the team, the same way I ask for the strikers to pressure, to be solid, to help the teams not concede goals.

“I expect goals from everywhere. The defenders are doing their jobs because they have goals, full-backs have goals, midfielders have goals, and they know, strikers and wingers know that me, the fans, everyone expect more goals from them.

“I’m the first guy to blame because I’m the first guy to work with them, and the challenge is there to improve them. Some of the guys don’t have big averages of goals, not just this season, so we need to find ways to make the guys better.

“They have ten years of careers and it’s important to have numbers, with goals and assists.

wtf_is_that_martin_freeman.gif

Just gibberish. Word salad.

I know you can say "just ignore it" but it kind of matters what the manager says, particularly in this age.

Here we go again, projection.

Maybe he could try changing his shit tactics, just a thought. You're correct though that I would be happy if he said he was leaving.

Pre match things don't bother me with Bruno or any manager really with the odd Saunderesque exception. It's post match that does my head in, again not unique to him, but please don't tell me we played well or controlled the game when we didn't or were unlucky when we weren't

Only input from me on this debtate is that I've seen a lot of games this season and most have been rubbish.

We don't create, we do concede we definitely don't score that often.

Not sure why being 8th is any good? Unless there's a mediocre trophy for finishing best of the middle but not quite managing to get into the 3rd tier of European football?

Only input from me on this debtate is that I've seen a lot of games this season and most have been rubbish.

We don't create, we do concede we definitely don't score that often.

Not sure why being 8th is any good? Unless there's a mediocre trophy for finishing best of the middle but not quite managing to get into the 3rd tier of European football?
It's sort of the point of a league though isn't it? Would you rather we finished 17th?

If I had no loyalty either way (hi Mark) then I'd much rather have watched Palace's games this season than ours. We're both going to end up with the same result bar extra prize money that we don't/won't spend anyway.

I currently spend a lot of money to be cold and unhappy once a fortnight, I'm not sure how good a deal this really is.

I think when someone like Aiki goes to pretty much every game, spending £1000's despite living 200 miles from Wolverhampton then he's allowed to express how he feels about what he sees without whataboutery

It's sort of the point of a league though isn't it? Would you rather we finished 17th?
Now I have to break my only input promise 🤣

Finishing 17th on the last day of the season with Steven Hunt scoring was more exciting than all of this season.

As both spots mean we play in the PL next season I guess I don't really mind, neither are worthy of the accolade of "good".

Now I have to break my only input promise 🤣

Finishing 17th on the last day of the season with Steven Hunt scoring was more exciting than all of this season.

As both spots mean we play in the PL next season I guess I don't really mind, neither are worthy of the accolade of "good".

What did you think about last season?

Tim has done another of his puff club pieces with this gem in it.

"Cast your mind back to August and some pundits and experts were tipping Wolves for relegation."

That's just made up

What did you think about last season?
About the same except I was sat at home instead of in the ground 😂

Good question though, led me to looking at last seasons results and they're actually fairly similar.

20/21 = 12 wins and 17 losses vs 21/22 with 15 wins and 14 losses. And it wouldn't be unlikely we have 17+ losses this season.

Also 33 goals so far this season and 36 in 21/22. Again, not unreasonable to suggest we will have very similar goals for by the end of the season.

Tim has done another of his puff club pieces with this gem in it.

"Cast your mind back to August and some pundits and experts were tipping Wolves for relegation."

That's just made up
Unless he counts half of this forum as 'pundits and experts'.

If I had no loyalty either way (hi Mark) then I'd much rather have watched Palace's games this season than ours. We're both going to end up with the same result bar extra prize money that we don't/won't spend anyway.

I currently spend a lot of money to be cold and unhappy once a fortnight, I'm not sure how good a deal this really is.

Palace v Leeds the other day was far more up my street than pretty much any Wolves game this season.

Quality wasn't anything special but both teams were having a right good go at it, often probably trying too hard to force the issue and losing the ball as a result. Total contrast to Wolves typical approach though.

Think the biggest difference generally is movement off the ball, aren't really any current Wolves players that consistently commit to runs into areas that will worry their opponents. Almost exclusively players come deep to get involved and opponents mostly let them knowing they'll rarely attempt to beat them with the ball. It makes it nigh on impossible to play quick football when there just aren't any options to pass to.

Palace v Leeds the other day was far more up my street than pretty much any Wolves game this season.

Quality wasn't anything special but both teams were having a right good go at it, often probably trying too hard to force the issue and losing the ball as a result. Total contrast to Wolves typical approach though.

Think the biggest difference generally is movement off the ball, aren't really any current Wolves players that consistently commit to runs into areas that will worry their opponents. Almost exclusively players come deep to get involved and opponents mostly let them knowing they'll rarely attempt to beat them with the ball. It makes it nigh on impossible to play quick football when there just aren't any options to pass to.
United away I thought we were superb. We can do it, we choose not to. That's what annoys me.

I get crap teams playing within their means and doing enough to stay up at the cost of entertainment. We shouldn't do that with the players we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back