• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (H) Build-Up 8/3/16

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Got to be attacking these straw chewers. I don't want us setting up sitting deep, one isolated forward, making no attempt to play any football and handing all the initiative to a team that's not been higher than 18th place all season. Seen far too much of that at Molineux this season.

Sig really needs to start offering a proper goal threat or it's time up for him.

----------------------------Martinez-----------------------

Iorfa---------------Batth----------------Hause-----------Doherty

Byrne--------------Price----------------Saville----------Helan

---------------------Mason-----------Sigurdarson--------------

2015/16: L 0-1 (A)
2013/14: W 3-1 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: W 2-1 (H), W 4-1 (A)
2008/9: W 2-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2007/8: D 1-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
1998/9: W 2-0 (H), W 6-1 (A)
1994/5: W 2-0 (H), W 5-1 (A)

Got to be attacking these straw chewers. I don't want us setting up sitting deep, one isolated forward, making no attempt to play any football and handing all the initiative to a team that's not been higher than 18th place all season.

I think you may be disappointed.

I think you may be disappointed.

Have you got inside information or what. It's not as though we have set up with 10 behind the ball for as long as I can remember - I mean how else could you possible know

Thought Siggy was better on the right than Byrne against Boro after Mason came on - those two as the centre and right of a front three with Helan on the left might work. Or, if Zyro's back, him in the middle with Mason behind him ahead of a midfield two of Price and either Saville or Coady. (By default more than anything for those two, unimpressed by them the least.)

Their record at Wolves is worse than ours at Boro so I'm putting my faith in the Gods as I've got none in Jackett.

Martinez

Iorfa - Batth - Hause - Doherty

Byrne - Price - McDonald - Helan

Mason - Zyro

Pace on the wings. Two strikers who know how to control a ball and where the goal is. It's a simple concept in this division.

He has run out of players and ideas because every possible permutation and combination has been tried and tested.

Is Zyro available now?

I'm not sure it matters what team or shape we go with tbh. Nothing's going to change until they go out with a different mentality.

Just want to see a more positive display, where we don't allow Bristol to just dominate the entire midfield, whilst the goal is subjected to continuous long range shots. Win would be nice too. Maybe even Mason getting a start, I'm just being too greedy now.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure it matters what team or shape we go with tbh. Nothing's going to change until they go out with a different mentality.

Agree. We can all call for players to be picked but it matters little. I've wanted Wallace to get a run of games for a while but think it would be more harmful for him to come back right now as he seems to be enjoying his football at Millwall. Likewise with Byrne, it's quite hard for him to show his ability in an attacking sense because he gets the ball so few times at his feet one on one with a full back.

Jackett will almost certainly drop Byrne for this one. Mason up front with Sigurdarson and Helan outside of him most likely. Henry if fit may start and I wouldn't put it past KJ at the moment to just chuck van la Parra straight back into the team...

Midfield and defence will remain the same.

Agree. We can all call for players to be picked but it matters little. I've wanted Wallace to get a run of games for a while but think it would be more harmful for him to come back right now as he seems to be enjoying his football at Millwall. Likewise with Byrne, it's quite hard for him to show his ability in an attacking sense because he gets the ball so few times at his feet one on one with a full back.

Jackett will almost certainly drop Byrne for this one. Mason up front with Sigurdarson and Helan outside of him most likely. Henry if fit may start and I wouldn't put it past KJ at the moment to just chuck van la Parra straight back into the team...

Midfield and defence will remain the same.
I agree entirely on the Wallace issue, just said that on the loan thread. He's doing well why stifle his development when he's getting a lot of game time.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

FWIW this is what I'd go with:

Martinez

Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty

Price Saville

Henry Mason Helan

Sigurdarson​

FWIW this is what I'd go with:

Martinez

Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty

Price Saville

Henry Mason Helan

Sigurdarson​

I'd go with that but give Byrne one more chance on the right (yes he may well fluff it but we know what Henry offers) and maybe give Deslandes a run at left back. That may be harsh on Doherty but two decent games does not make a quality player. We've fuck all to play for so see what these kids can do.

Given the after match comments about the weakness on the right-hand side at Boro, I'd be surprised if Byrne starts. I wouldn't be surprised if Doherty is moved to right-back and Helan to left-back though.

Given the after match comments about the weakness on the right-hand side at Boro, I'd be surprised if Byrne starts. I wouldn't be surprised if Doherty is moved to right-back and Helan to left-back though.

It's all so reactionary. One team gets a lot of joy by attacking us in a particular way and all of a sudden that weakness becomes our biggest problem. Sweeping changes are made in terms of personnel and/or formation for the next game but meanwhile the style of play, deep defensive line and general air of panic stays the same. It's shocking man management.

If Siggy is the answer the question eludes me when exactly do you need a none scoring striker who's first touch is appalling. Get Mason on from the start.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

If Siggy is the answer the question eludes me when exactly do you need a none scoring striker who's first touch is appalling. Get Mason on from the start.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

The choice of which striker is academic until Wolves learn to play into one.

Back