• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (H) Build Up thread

All over - shouldn't have lost that, but that's football in this division for you

We didn't

Well, whatever we want to argue about the fine points, at least we can say this season is clearly not going to be dull.

Still a 2pts a game start.

We won't give up on it

Same as we won't suddenly play 4-4-2

The formation is working. Zonal marking isn't.

You're right, though. Nuno will stick to his guns. We're shit at defending set pieces, though. It's our biggest weakness.

Entertaining stuff, though. I'll take this over last season 10 times out of 10.

All over - shouldn't have lost that, but that's football in this division for you

We didn't

Well, whatever we want to argue about the fine points, at least we can say this season is clearly not going to be dull.

Still a 2pts a game start.

Too much excitement at my age - my post should have said 'should have won that' :icon_biggrin:

when is Boly back?

Defensively we miss Boly and we must defend set pieces better, going forward we are bloody brilliant Jota, Cav, Bonatini all excellent. N'dayie had a very good debut and is more of a natural box to box type.

MOTM is a tough one but I think Bonatini today with Cav and Jota both close

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Watched the last half an hour, how on earth did we not win that! We were pretty unlucky in front of goal, ball just not bouncing the right way for us when we needed it whereas for their third (as well as poor defending) it bounced just right for Reid.

don't like all the love for Bright - too much attempted trickery - beats a man and has to go back and try again - slows our attack down.
yes i know he's skillful but can't give him too much time to come good

On the set pieces, I would say we miss Boly and Douglas in that respect but wouldn't say we are awful at defending set pieces in general. It is one of those things that will take a while for some players to get used to, including the keeper. Against Millwall, a big physical side, we were fine in general defending corners and free kicks. Bristol are one of the tougher teams set piece wise too, important to remember so I'm not panicking about that area of our game yet.

The formation is working. Zonal marking isn't.

You're right, though. Nuno will stick to his guns. We're shit at defending set pieces, though. It's our biggest weakness.

Entertaining stuff, though. I'll take this over last season 10 times out of 10.

I totally agree with you on all those points. However, I would argue that as the players get more practiced in this, we may see zonal not ending up being such a problem. I hope.

Back