• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 21/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't be expecting us to be City though... surely right?
I knew someone would say that :D... I did think I was quite clear, but anyway...

Of course not, I was happy with us being a counter attacking, 7th place team giving the big boys the odd bloody nose and working towards the top six steadily.

Nuno decided (prematurely imo) that the jig was up, and reinvention begins, with the aim of turning into City-lite by the sounds of it.

My point is City steamroller these meat and potato bastards and tonight is the worst we've played against them since we came back up

Could probably just find my thoughts from the last game against these and repost, it's not making it any less frustrating but this has played out precisely as I expected. Burnley commit so many cynical challenges they get away, and the ref never seems to issue a yellow for cumulative issues. As soon as they got that goal you felt it was over, as would regress to that shell with direct play of theirs.

It's not a free pass obviously, but feel like the 4231 with Raul would have been set up much better for this sort of game where we were controlling possession.

Need a goal to get these Burnley buggers out of their comfort zone... Unfortunately they look more likely to score next

Foul throw.

Just get in the fucking bin.

Youre a professional footballer for fuck sake.

Coady limping, what a night

Silva has to show up! So far his stats are one of worst for striker in all of the EPL

We look like we could play for a month and not score. Woeful.

Should have been schedule not huddle the text keyboard is as weak performing as....

We have played right into Burnley’s hands tonight. Massively disappointing. Trying hard now but Burnley keeping their shape. Ten minutes to get two goals. You never know but we look a bit desperate

2-0 down, 10 minutes left and we’re still playing from side to side in front of them.

We aren’t laying a glove on them.

I can’t wait to hear the excuses for this performance in the verdict thread. “Transition this” - “bad day at the office that”. It’s been abysmal.

2-0 down, 10 minutes left and we’re still playing from side to side in front of them.

We aren’t laying a glove on them.

I can’t wait to hear the excuses for this performance in the verdict thread. “Transition this” - “bad day at the office that”. It’s been abysmal.
I mean have you seen anyone defend this performance so far?

You have such an odd agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back