• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Capital Gains Tax

You know I get hot and bothered over stats.

I don't think you're referring to me as a member of the Labour Party, maybe you have me confused.

However Leeds is right on two points - the Skipton 100% Mortgage (which is the one we are all referring too) is capped to roughly 3.5x salary, and you're saying 288k will get you a lot in the West Midlands, but Leeds was pointing out it'd only give the average waged person a mortgage of ~£105k. Big big difference.

And when I say trust me, I mean I have literally been given a Decision in Principle from them only yesterday on a much higher amount for a 100% mortgage, and the choice of homes available in that range (which I'm not sharing on purpose) is soul destroying, for a joint application. I am in London but even looking significantly outside barely helps.

At the same time, the flat I live in has gone from 260k cost in 2009 to valuation of over 700k today. Someone's doing OK out of this mess, and it's not my generation.

I remember when we were saving to try to buy our house, we were paying €1400 a month rent, and had been for years, so the proof that we could do it was there, but the house we wanted would have been €760 a month repaying the mortgage.
Fucking banks refused us a mortgage.

Reactions: jlo
Back