• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Care and Nursing Homes

Hereford Wolf

Reaction score
To cut a (very) long story short, my 94 year old Mum fell and broke a bone in her back recently.
went to hospital, sent back home, couldn’t manage, back to hospital and now in Cannock for rehab and assessment.

Her mobility is very poor and there are other issues as well. We are looking for care homes in or around Pattingham/South Staffs area.
Foxlands Tettenhall and Cedars in Albrighton have been recccomended. Has anybody any experience of any others?

Thanks a lot

My Dad moved into Meadowcroft in Bushbury Lane in May, I can’t praise them enough, although maybe not the area you’re looking for.

Sorry you are going through this. Just been through it with my Dad until he passed away. The critical thing is to have a choice. If you are relying on the Gvt. then she will be placed wherever they want to put her. We were fortunate to be able to choose where to put my Dad but every time he went into hospital, that place disappeared and we had to find another solution. It was a really painful time and his end of life wasn't easy for him as he really couldn't do much.

I don't have a specific recommendation as all the places we tried, including Foxlands, didn't really offer the level of care we would have liked. We always took him extra food as he never seemed to get enough and the staff weren't as attentive as you would imagine they should be.

Much will depend on your Mom's ability to move around. If she is bed ridden, then you are going to have a lot of concerns about how they look after her. In my father's case, he sometimes went several hours before they changed the sheets after the inevitable happened.

Hope this helps a little. Doesn't feel like it will but my thoughts are with you as you go through this very difficult period in life.

Back