• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

You lot can all go, and this is why...

Still waiting for someone to coach Traore to kick a ball straight or cross better than 1/10. Or Hwang to not have the touch of a trampoline.

Some things just can’t be coached. You either have it or you don’t.

You can improve players decision making, of course you can.

Yep, we improved Traore's decision making for a solid 4 months of his 5 years here.

A young player can mature and make better decisions, but once your passed a certain age I'd suggest you're at Cheetah's and spots stage.

I'd say that's almost 100% guaranteed at 30 years old.

Yep, we improved Traore's decision making for a solid 4 months of his 5 years here.

A young player can mature and make better decisions, but once your passed a certain age I'd suggest you're at Cheetah's and spots stage.

I'd say that's almost 100% guaranteed at 30 years old.
buscemi-wtf.gif

Not even sure Adama's decision making improved during that purple patch, he was still incredibly frustrating at times. He was doing exactly the same things he's doing now, it's just that defenders couldn't cope with it at the time. Now everyone knows how to defend against him and he's not good enough to adapt to that.

During that "purple patch" he also had a striker who was willing to attack the right areas in the box, since Raul cracked his skull, we simply haven't had that.

If Lopetegui and his staff are as good as we hope then he'll already know who has the skills he needs, who can have them coached, and who has to go.

Can only hope Fosun give home the funds and time to transform this team into something which isn't on the receiving end of thrashings, is capable of putting poor teams to the sword, and can string together results to compete. Look at Newcastle to see what is possible.

Maybe Fosun lack that ambition. All their talk of a plan seems a long time ago somehow. Not convinced there ever was a plan. Maybe there is now.

The biggest problem with Sa was that he played well during the start of Lages reign which probably kept Lage in a job way longer than he should have been.

"Yes, Peter Sutcliffe has murdered a few in his time but if we just get him to concentrate on his excellent lorry driving skills - and he had that superb Leeds-Luton journey once - maybe we can iron it all out"
Very droll!

It's basic coaching, it's communication, it's "if X happens, do this", "if Y happens do this".

And yes, it would be drills, experience, learning from mistakes, analysis of previous situations, all of those things. What do you think they actually do at training or during briefings?
Have you ever coached anybody?

I've thought about whether this is kneejerk or not. The thing is I don't think it is. That should be an absolute watershed game. We have had three largely shit seasons in a row and it's time to make major changes.

So, the roll call:

Sa: Absolutely sick of this fucking idiot. He just does stupid things all the time. He's 30 years old so quite obviously isn't going to learn. Awful distribution and lets in joke goals regularly.

Sarkic: The manager has already made his mind up, we can't even trust him to be #2 at this level. 26 before the season starts so not even young, so don't loan him, sell him.

Semedo: I think we've all given up on him actually being value for money. Or providing proper attacking output...and in the modern game, if you don't do that as a full back, you have to be flawless defensively. He isn't. He has plenty of good games and obviously isn't absolutely rubbish, but enough crap ones too and his character is not great. No amortisation left on the books due to the weird way we structured his contract so invoke that extension (no point throwing away an asset for free) and sell for any decent bid, we'll get one off a team who want a quick(ish) defensive RB. It'll be a loss but so be it.

Ait-Nouri: We don't use him and he's spent a month not even being able to get on a 9 man bench despite being fully fit. Is there a good player in there, I believe yes, is it going to happen here, probably no. Sell before his value drops right off.

Jonny: What we signed and had for two years was a superb defender. Due to injuries that has gone and is never coming back on any kind of reliable basis, I know it, you know it, he knows it, the manager knows it. He's not even good for back up now. Some low ranking La Liga club would take him, we may have to take a hit on wages.

Kilman: So ridiculously meek and passive most of the time. He's got it in him to have good games but it's not enough and we're always going to have to sort out a partner who does all the heavy lifting in terms of organisation and leadership if he plays.

Collins: I was advocating this one for a while before we signed him so blame me if you like. Just looks nowhere near £20m. Quick enough across the ground but slow in thought, weak in the tackle, crap on the ball, nothing like dominant enough in the air for his size and a howler is always right round the corner.

Coady: What he's done at this club should never be forgotten. There's also no way back. I'm sorry the way it ended, largely due to the ex-manager being a prick, but what's gone is gone.

Sanderson: Miles off the standard required and should have gone a year ago.

Giles: Never a PL left back and he doesn't fit anywhere else. Never going to be worth more than he is now, hopefully Boro get promoted and take him.

Hoever: A little burst of form at Stoke has been extinguished and once again is in and out of their team (and they are rubbish). Woeful signing, write it off.

Matheson: Out of contract and has struggled throughout his time here to even get a regular spot in Academy teams. Lovely, lovely lad. Very intelligent. He'll make a good living somewhere, don't think it'll be as a footballer though.

Marques: Out of contract, development has stalled, let him go and wish him luck.

Richards: Can't stay fit and isn't up to standard, sorry lad.

Neves: Going to be a very sad day when he leaves but all the messaging says he's off. So I've made my peace with it, to a point. We could do with the money with the amount of players we need. I'm not having the argument that we're better without him, we aren't, but this is the natural end for us all.

Moutinho: Another that will break my heart. Quite possibly my favourite Wolves player ever. However he can't really be starting 10+ games next season, and we can't carry that cost. Love you man.

Nunes: Yes, it's early. Yes, he has ability. Yes, he's not been helped by coming into a team with multiple long standing issues. But my word is he shit sometimes. I don't think he's ever going to score or create much in this country, and it's debatable whether he can even play where we signed him to play. He can go while he still has a high reputation and we can try again with someone better suited to what we actually need.

Hodge: I'm sure he's a nice kid but he is fucking crap. Zero attributes. Don't waste any more time on him.

Jordao: Permacrock who realistically has never been PL quality or even close. Bye.

Kawabe: One of the weirdest Wolves signings ever. Let's pretend it never happened.

Guedes: I fucking hate this wanker. Looked a dreadful player for multiple teams for years, we kept saying no to Mendes when he kept trying to shove him here. Eventually we give in. Guess what, he is fucking WANK. Take any bid, I don't care. Never want to see him again.

Adama: Out of contract and going. £18m was a lot at the time, we have some good memories and some valuable spells, mostly rubbish though. I won't miss him in the slightest.

Podence: Occasionally has some actual end product. Nowhere near often enough though and the bad stuff is very bad. One year left, has to go now, even at a loss.

Hwang: Well, he tries. But he's a seriously poor footballer. And breaks all the time. I guess we hope Jesse Marsch finds a job and revives their weird love affair. Again, don't care if it's a loss - he's shit and won't improve.

Corbeanu: Not good enough, find somewhere else to play.

Costa: Thanks very much for trying and for stepping in during an actual emergency. However he looks 54, not 34 half the time. 1 goal and rarely threatens to get many more. Not viable.

Raul: It's been horrible watching him try to bring back the glory days. He was so, so good. He obviously isn't now and we have no intention of using him. Do what we can to get him a move with our best wishes and give him a few quid if we have to. I don't want him rotting here for a year.

Fabio: A few goals in Belgium and the Netherlands that don't stand up to much statistical scrutiny (mostly against the absolute dross in games that were won by miles, or indeed often were already easily won when he added to the scoreline) doesn't make him credible. Question marks on whether he really wants to even come back. Cut the losses, I say. It's not his fault, but he's the albatross of the waste that has been everything since we got knocked out of Europe.

Will they all go, of course not. But I'm saying they could all go for the reasons above and I wouldn't bat an eyelid. You ran out of road today lads, and you can't turn around.

Abit late to the party. Agree with a lot of the above, but also disagree with parts.

There isn’t a need for a max exodus IMO. There have been improvements under Lop - I think since he’s taken over we’d be in top 10? So saying we need to cull nearly half our squad is a bit OTT. I get why, we’ve just been spanked 6-0, but still.

I disagree on semedo. I’d keep him. Since lop has taken over, he has arguably been one of our best players, and pretty consistent

Kilman and hwang again as squad players absolutely fine.

Collins I’d be sending out on loan. Not ready to wrote him off yet, but naturally not been good this year

Would be keeping nunes, but equally if we got our money back and spent it wisely then again not too arsed

Fabio I’m indecisive on, as I’ve probably mentioned previously. Be interesting to see what Lop thinks about him.

Adama I’m abit meh on. Again squad player etc great, but he won’t want a contract that shows that.

A 6-0 drumming is an anomaly which does cause a reaction Ofcourse, but since lop has taken over there has been more positives than negatives. He’ll have a whole pre season to work with the players, plus another transfer window where you’d expect some activity.

It isn’t all doom and gloom.

My view on sorting positions for biggest impact in descending order (biggest bang for buck so to speak).

Striker
Goalkeeper
Centre back
Centre mid
Wide forwards
Right back

My view on sorting positions for biggest impact in descending order (biggest bang for buck so to speak).

Striker
Goalkeeper
Centre back
Centre mid
Wide forwards
Right back

I’d swap centre mids and wide forwards, but wouldn’t disagree with the rest.

On Sa. I don’t think he’s a shit keeper - but he really doesn’t suit the style of keep Lop wants for his team

Just read through the last couple of pages. Don't we have a keeper who is good with his feet? Bentley i think his name is. Maybe he needs a couple of matches to see. Personally i think our goals for record is much worse than goals against and as such a proper goal scorer is needed much more than a keeper* ( * which will probably incur the wrath of DW, but i'm prepared for it... :ROFLMAO:).

Trying to be realistic for a moment. Of course it depends who is going out.
Striker (hopefully Sasa and maybe even Fabio as backup/competition.
CB,
Midfield depends whether JL rates Bouba and whether Nunes leaves....maybe someone like Scott to come in?
Wingers/wide forwards; JL likes Hwang and Sarabia. Chiquinho? Neto, maybe enough.
Keeper, would be nice and if JL wants someone who's better on the ball then definitely.
So potentially 4 quality incoming? Is it realistic to expect more?

Trying to be realistic for a moment. Of course it depends who is going out.
Striker (hopefully Sasa and maybe even Fabio as backup/competition.
CB,
Midfield depends whether JL rates Bouba and whether Nunes leaves....maybe someone like Scott to come in?
Wingers/wide forwards; JL likes Hwang and Sarabia. Chiquinho? Neto, maybe enough.
Keeper, would be nice and if JL wants someone who's better on the ball then definitely.
So potentially 4 quality incoming? Is it realistic to expect more?
I mean it depends on how many we sign doesn’t it. Very rare you get 100% of signings right.

I for one am looking forward to the summer, and quite intrigued to see what happens/where we go as there’s so many ifs and buts

Back