• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

You lot can all go, and this is why...

It's basic coaching, it's communication, it's "if X happens, do this", "if Y happens do this".

And yes, it would be drills, experience, learning from mistakes, analysis of previous situations, all of those things. What do you think they actually do at training or during briefings?

You think at the age of 30 he needs to be spoonfed this by Tony Roberts?

Maybe he just isn't very good, hence why we signed him in his late 20s from the fucking Greek league.

Well since Lop came in his rashness HAS decreased, that penalty against Leicester is the only incidence of it isn't it? Prior to that, under Lage it was happening all the time? The Chris Wood penalty was about a year ago?

Well done José for only sometimes charging out and giving away stupid penalties.

Look at that 4th goal yesterday! No command of his box at all and still lets in a header that is a routine save for any reasonable keeper. I'm not sure what evidence you need to sway you, he's conceded so many dreadful goals for us.

"Yes, Peter Sutcliffe has murdered a few in his time but if we just get him to concentrate on his excellent lorry driving skills - and he had that superb Leeds-Luton journey once - maybe we can iron it all out"

I saw Rob Edwards and Neill Collins have five straight clean sheets together once, it didn't make them good defenders.
I'll see you Edwards and Collins and raise me seeing Johnson and Gorkss have a clean sheet at Millwall in 2013...

Well done José for only sometimes charging out and giving away stupid penalties.

Look at that 4th goal yesterday! No command of his box at all and still lets in a header that is a routine save for any reasonable keeper. I'm not sure what evidence you need to sway you, he's conceded so many dreadful goals for us.

"Yes, Peter Sutcliffe has murdered a few in his time but if we just get him to concentrate on his excellent lorry driving skills - and he had that superb Leeds-Luton journey once - maybe we can iron it all out"
I'm saying he's improved since Lop came in, especially with regard to charging around like a loon. It was in answer to saying it can't be coached. Well it clearly can, else it wouldn't have improved.

You're being over the top, you do it a lot. You've just brought up Peter Sutcliffe 😂 If we carry on this conversation Sa will be Andy Lonergan levels by 6.30

His rashness decreasing is nothing to do with JL. He gradually self disciplined over his time here, but the bar was so high he Just went from a “fuck load” to “a lot”. That penalty against Vardy is one of the stupidest he’s done (and then the same this weekend) so maybe the manager is making him worse an and it’s not actually Sa who is the problem… (obviously not the case)

Last edited:
His rashness decreasing is nothing to do with JL. He gradually self disciplined over his time here, but the bar was so high he Just went from a “fuck load” to “a lot”. That penalty against Vardy is one of the stupidest he’s done (and then the same this weekend) so maybe the manager is making him worse an and it’s not actually Sa who is the problem…
If he's got worse under Lopetegui it's because he's unsuited to play in the system Lopetegui has installed. In which case he needs to be replaced.

Yes, because we've been shit.

I don't like watching terrible footballers, as much as my bank statements would disagree.

If he's got worse under Lopetegui it's because he's unsuited to play in the system Lopetegui has installed. In which case he needs to be replaced.
He hasn't got worse under Lop, his brainfart frequency has decreased and we've stopped conceding so many goals.(!)

He has, in terms of being an active disadvantage in the way the manager wants us to play
Well, it'll be interesting to see if Lop decides he can coach him to be what he wants him to be, or if he replaces him.

Personally I think it'll be the former, and he'll spend the cash elsewhere.

If he keeps him a good manager will stop asking him to do things he finds difficult. For me he has a choice, get a keeper that does what you want or play to the strengths of the one you have. At the moment we are in no man's land

If he keeps him a good manager will stop asking him to do things he finds difficult. For me he has a choice, get a keeper that does what you want or play to the strengths of the one you have. At the moment we are in no man's land
Yep that's fair.

Much like how Nuno recognised Rui couldn't distribute with any degree of competence, so it was just "bang it to Doc on the half way line every single time!"

As I say, I'd rather we just worked on the weaknesses of his game over the summer and went from there.

I trust our manager and coaching team to iron out the creases in Kilman, Sa and Semedo's game. That's the point in employing an elite coach isn't it?
I don’t think any amount of coaching will stop Jose Sa from having his ‘moments’.

Therefore, I’m out.

I was joking. Quite clearly it’s not JLs fault he chased after Vardy or passes it straight to opposition players.

Just the notion that JL has improved him isn’t true. His mistakes on the last two weeks are up there with than any of his others. I don’t think he’s an awful keeper, but the view you can coach these errors out his game isn’t true. He is what he is, he isn’t getting noticeably better or it wouldn’t take until he was 30 to unlock this player.

Back